Maruti 800 AC BS III- An Affordable City Car

• Appearance

Pros : Easy operations, comfortable leg room, classic functionality, a small car best for city streets

Cons : Noisy engine, average mileage, less choice of colors, boring outer looks.

Look and Style Looks of this car never pleases me as there is no edging texture and trendy accessories installed to it. Comfort The leg space is enough for a comfortable drive. And it can easily accommodate 5 people without any fuzz. I also love my car for the comfort that it provides to the customer with enough space in spite of being a small car. Pickup Pick up is good and up to my requirements. It is a city car so it does not need a sports car pick up. But, it has a powerful pick up to go for a speedy run in a road with less traffic. Mileage The mileage that my Maruti 800 AC BS III provides is enough to go with my budget as it returns 18 km to 22 km per liter. Best Features Maruti 800 has several attractive features which are boons for such a low priced cars. Maruti 800 AC BS III has simple operations which makes it a favorite for the people like me who loves a classic car with not a complex driving functions. Needs to improve Looks with added improvements in interiors then it can be a hit. I find the design and the outer look of this car little boring with no touch ups and very less beautifying factors. The interiors of this car is not furnished adequately. I personally feel that the dashboard should be customized to provide space for keeping things like a coffee mug or a front mounted speaker etc. I find the car bit noisy and shivering right from the moment the engine starts.

Comments Maruti 800
  • RaghuNath Rath |18 Aug,2011 05:03:56 PM

Dear Sir, Please clarify the following:- a) When it will be available at Cuttack. Give exact date of availibility. Can I get it during this august month. b) What is road price at Cuttack with AC, and Power steering. c) What is the detail specification . d) Colour available. answer me positively by today RaghuNath Rath, -

• lenin |19 Aug,2011 06:03:14 AM

i want to buy a car for my touring purposes. Monthly travel may be around 2000-2500. Can you suggest me which one is better in my budget of 4.5 lacs?

Raghavan.K.S |20 Aug,2011 08:05:47 AM

I would like to suggest you Hyundai Santro for your budget of less than Rs.4.5 lakhs and for the purpose your monthly touring of 2000 to 2500kms. It is an ideal car for your purpose as it is good both for city and the highways. It is cheap to maintain and has greater safety features with like sub-assembly frame, side-impact beams and collapsible steering to take care of impact. It's high-seating, large head-room, leg-room and good boot-volume. One more thing: One would generally find in other cars a drag in the engine as A/C is switched on and this is due to the mechanical loading that an faces due to A/C compressor loading the engine. But, this phenomenon is of engine loading problem is not experienced in Santro model alone, but in all the Hyundai models I have driven! Anyway, Santro is the ideal car to buy for your budget and you will see your money's worth!

lenin |20 Aug,2011 07:53:22 PM

can you suggest me whether i have to choose maruti alto or ev2?

Raghavan.K.S |20 Aug,2011 11:09:08 PM

Yes, Maruti Alto is a good car, but Santro is a better car in terms of safety features, more roomy interior, larger head-room, larger leg-room and greater boot-volume. A/C in a car is not for luxury, but is needed in hot summers in tropical countries like India and one needs a better power delivery of it to mitigate the hardship of a summer sizzling. I was using Maruti earlier and later switched to Santro and I see the difference personally through my experience. Mileage-wise too, Santro eRL edges over Alto. I get a mileage of 17 to 18 Kms on the highway on my Santro while I get 13 to 13.5 Kms in city traffic. Tall-boy seating lends greater ergonomic comfort which makes a big difference on long drives as you won't find back-pain and easy fatigue. Larger door cut-outs enables easy entry and exit for old people. Have a test-drive of both Santro and Alto and you will see difference to convince yourself!

Raghavan.K.S |20 Aug,2011 11:21:51 PM

The milage I have mentioned in my earlier mail on Santro eRLX with A/C on.

thomas |30 Aug,2011 06:11:09 PM

i want car in maruti thousand in price 25000 to 30000

• J.S.KANWAR |19 Aug,2011 04:21:03 PM

i want to buy a car for my office purposes. Monthly travel may be around 3000-3500. Can you suggest me which one is better in my budget of 4.5 lacs to 5 lacs?

• S.Sivakumar |19 Aug,2011 05:00:18 PM

New Maruthi 800 CC will be marketed with only diesel version with a mileage of 30 Km per liter and with a price limit below of Rs.2.50 Lakhs Then only Mauthi can ever stand in Highest Rank in India and World Market.

• Joydip Roy |19 Aug,2011 08:48:20 PM

is Maruti800 cng available

• MK Ram Prasad |19 Aug,2011 10:29:45 PM

Maruti 800 is the best among the low priced city ride cars. It is suitable to people with the hight of 165 cms only. For tall people it may not be suitable because of less space near the driving seat. Apart from it every thing is perfect. Because I am using this car since 2005

• Manjunath |19 Aug,2011 11:01:36 PM

I am 176 cm in height and weigh 93 kilograms. I have not had any difficulty in using this M800 and find it is easier than Alto to get in and to get out. I have found the driving position is convenient if I pushed the driver seat to the extreme rear, the difficulty is faced by the rear passenger for want of knee room ! A servo assisted/ vacuum brake would be a boon !

• Manjunath |19 Aug,2011 11:07:32 PM

In continuation of my earlier comment, the car was a used car (1986 model)having already covered 1,40,000 Km when I acquired it and I ran it upto 2,00,000 Km before opening the engine for an overhaul which in retrospect I feel was not immediately required as the engine was consuming oil only due to a valve stem leak and not from the piston/ bore. I have always relied on this car at all odd times and have done several 150 km runs only at night without fear of failure ! KUDOS to M 800 !

• Krishan Dhingra |20 Aug,2011 10:02:40 AM

New Maruthi 800 CC will be marketed with only diesel version with a mileage of 28 Km per liter and with a price limit below of Rs.2.75 Lakhs Then only Mauthi can ever stand in Highest Rank in India and World Market.

• Rajesh Kumar Sharma |20 Aug,2011 01:33:14 PM

I want a second-hand car maruti 800, with lowest price. Please send me lowest price for used maruti 800. If finance is available on it, also give details of finance.

• Muthulingam |20 Aug,2011 01:53:27 PM

I want a used maruti 800, with en dossed LPG GAS tank.

• jitendra Jangid |20 Aug,2011 02:29:17 PM

very......very car....

• Venkateshwaran |22 Aug,2011 09:26:14 AM

After the Fiat and the Ambassidor this car handled like breeze in fact it was the pioneer among modern cars.

• Devender Khaneja |22 Aug,2011 09:24:18 PM

i want a used maruti 800 ac car between Rs. 50000/- to 80000/- approx.

• Devender Khaneja |22 Aug,2011 09:26:17 PM

i want a used maruti Zen with ac car in maximum Rs 1 Lakh.

• K.S.Rao |24 Aug,2011 04:51:43 PM

i want used maruti 800 ac with lpg within 1 lac

• SDAGTP |22 Sep,2011 07:49:33 PM

I want to get a new car ranging Rs.3 to 3.5 lac with AC & better milage with less maintenance or an old car with AC ,(not before)2009 make upto maximum Rs.1.5lac.Suggest and/or give information{as early as possible}.

• jayaprakash |04 Mar,2012 12:09:00 PM

I would like to purchase one car with bellow budget of 2.5 lakhs. Please suggest me which car is economical and comfort.

Maruti 800 review scorecard