XUV 500: The Real SUV

• Appearance

Yeah! it's true that my XUV 500 has now become part of our family. I replaced my Tata Safari with new XUV 500 in July-2013

I have been driving the XUV 500 for more than 3 years now & I am quite satisfied with its performance. I was looking for something that is easy to drive in city conditions as well as fun to drive when you go out of town with your family or on tour. As I travel a lot to Himachal-Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana & Uttrakhand, I got enough opportunities to validate my purchase and check it in various climate conditions & on various types of roads and off roads conditions & I am surprised with its performance.

My XUV 500 is giving me 14 Kmph mileage in city conditions with AC on & 15 Kmph on Highways and I am satisfied to get the above-said mileage from my XUV 500.

More than enough space for Luggage during intercity travel for my family as well as enough space for my co-passengers to relax & enjoy the ride. My family includes my parents' age 75 & 70 and my daughters' age 18 & 10 and my lovely wife and everyone enjoys its smooth ride.

My XUV 500 is equipped with ABS system and I have checked it a lot of times on Highway on close encounter sometimes with Cyclist and sometimes with stray Cows and was surprised to see when it stops without skidding.

I have managed to hit 160 Kmph on the highway & never got dissatisfied with the pull in high resolutions. At 160 Kmph it is in proper control, but it demands more but I did not push it. Taking turns on the high-speed level is easy and to control.

It has Leopard's face looks from the front, its infotainment system is good, steering wheel control is easy to use and helpful. It's blue tooth system is easy to use and its voice is very much clear.

The gear shifting is very smooth and can be shifted with just by using two fingers. The plastic used for interior as well as Dashboard is of very good Quality. The design on the doors in the interior is very nice.

Though what I do not like is that it has to be get serviced almost every 5000 Km which comes out to be time consuming and expensive.

But more than that I am satisfied with my XUV 500.

Comments Mahindra XUV500