Worst Experience

By for Mahindra XUV500 2012-07-13 10:48:39.0
  • Appearance

Overall Experience: It seems a mistake of my life by buying the XUV 500. The least I was expecting was a professional treatment given the Mahindra Tag associated. Within 1 month of my car purchase, my brother was stranded on the road with his vehicle at 10 pm with my old parents as the vehicle was not starting. It took more than 2 hours of wait for the crane to pick up the vehicle. On trying to reach the dealership about putting up a complaint to management, we were clearly denied any contact number. Also, the dealership promised a call back from their manager which never came. After 2 days in the garage which was supposed to be 1 day and no other feedback, the car was back yesterday. And, today again my brother is stranded on the road with my father on this hot day. And, above all the service station says talk to the sales team and the sales team says what else do you expect us to do as we are again sending the crane. So, thanks to the XUV 500 for which people have so high expectations. And, above all the pity is Mahindra's expected professionalism is nowhere to see.

• Ramnath |13 Jul,2012 03:01:32 PM

Just I am wondering what was the problem that you had faced, is it a major repair,now how is it going .... As I am looking for my XUV delivery shortly,, Not sure whether to go or not...

Sundeep |13 Jul,2012 06:27:09 PM

Dear Ramnath, the car does start. As pe the repair shop this is a software issue. Top it all the customer service levels are pathetic. The dealership is unable to give me the contact number of anyone in Mahindra. I tried reaching the call centre and spoke to the supervisor from Singapore and asked for a callback from senior management to me or my brother in Delhi but so far yet to hear anything. I have been able to pull out the mobile number of the senior most person in Mahindra Auto and am planning to speak to him this evening. But, it is a big disappointment not so much because of the problem but the attitude to handle it.

vijaykanaujia |23 Aug,2012 07:48:02 PM

It is indeed a great reveletion and indifferent attitude by the servie providers. With this rate, brand mahindra will lose it's image of being India's top notch SUV manufacturer raring for international market. Everybody had a doubt that whether the vehicle has been tried in Indian conditions to support host of softwares? They must gear up quickly to reverse the customer the painful customer experiences into the happy one. Moreover, to supply the overwhelming bookings Mahindra should not play and compromise with the quality.

• Rakesh Sharna |14 Jul,2012 06:09:47 PM

Dear Sundeep, I'm getting my XUV 500 delivery next week. Your feedback and experience is very concerning to me. I hope all the issues will be resolved soon. Please let me know how it goes. Thanks Rakesh

Sundeep Dua |14 Jul,2012 07:05:45 PM

Dear Rakesh, Thanks for taking time out I read this. This is the only way we consumers can fight back. I have escalated the issue to the top management of Mahindra using my own search as there was no proactive action till now to address my concerns. Let's see how they handle it. Would keep you posted.

• naveen |16 Jul,2012 04:07:18 PM

i need a feedback of xuv500 since i have booked it please help me

Sundeep Dua |16 Jul,2012 08:04:07 PM

Naveen, I am extremely worried about the entire episode since the day it had happened as so far I am yet to receive even a single call forget apology or resolution on what has happened. An organization who is not even giving a damn to a client who has spent a Rs 15 lac for even this long, has got things really wrong at every level. You could very well trust me that the only person till whom I have not reached by email is Mr Anand Mahindra himself. Trust me I would do that as well if the need be. But, the only way i could fight back is to stop you guys from taking this plunge to whatever extent possible. It is just one month old right now, what would happen one year later and so on..........

Santosh |18 Jul,2012 10:22:19 PM

I have a Scorpio Spl Edition, since 2 years I have had almost 20 issues, almost everything has been changed. The customer service has been good, but whats the use of their good behaviour of the car does not work. Just imagine the suspensions failing within a year, infact thrice in 2 years of so called SUV. I was considering to trade in with XUV500, but with the comments above, I am now hesitant, the problem with Mahindra seems to be generic. The issue is with their quality control.

• Shubham |18 Jul,2012 11:51:24 AM

I have booked my vehicle from Gurgaon. This is going to be my first car, but after listening to your problems, I m really freaked out. Is it really wise to go with xuv500 as a first car ?

Sundeep Dua |19 Jul,2012 05:21:07 PM

Shubham, when a friend tells you not to visit a doctor for medical treatment because his family member had a bad experience with the doctor, it may not mean that the doctor is no good at all, but, you would still ensure that you do your home work before you get your treatment from him. Unfortunately, while buying a car we do not take these opinions seriously as we feel we may only have monetary loss. But, trust me the mental agony you go through after your vehicle runs through the initial honeymoon period is all yours to take along with the time wastage to do the same. I woul strongly urge you to seek serious opinion from the workshop you get your current vehicle serviced as well as some Mahindra car owners in your vicinity.

• Ashish |19 Jul,2012 07:55:01 AM

I am 100% convinced to buy this SUV before reading above comments...and even ignored any negatives coming abt this machine from my friends or car mechanics....but now after reading this i am furious...confused and ont know what to do...in deliema ????plz suggest whether to buy or not...

ROHIT DUBEY |19 Jul,2012 10:02:57 PM

dont buy !

Srinivas |08 May,2013 09:47:21 AM

Dont worry all above comments....how every you feel do that only. but as of my experience XUV is very good vehicle in facts of tech and millage, Power. one more great fact in this very less maintenance cost. GO AHEAD AND ENJOY WITH CHEETAH.

• Chandra Mohan Reddy |22 Jul,2012 09:04:29 PM

Hi Friends I have booked XUV5oo. I was told that the breaking pads are changed now and the new vehicles are rectified this break-noise problem. Can anyone help me with this information. Is XUV5oo now with rectified version?..is it problem free now?..Can I buy xuv or Innova? Awaiting early reply...thanks in advance

Sujith R |25 Jul,2012 05:29:48 PM

Innova is the best option, but you will not have these features loaded in Innova, but good service and vehicle is too smart

MAHENDER YADAV |19 Sep,2012 10:11:25 PM

i am the owner of xuv 500 my car no HR 26 BR 8134. MY LIFE BIG MISTAKE TO BY XUV 500. A COMPLET BAL GAADEE. IT IS NOT A CAR. MARUTI 800 IS BATTER THAN XUV 500

SRINIVAS |08 May,2013 09:49:40 AM

DEAR, WHEN EVERY YOU COMPARE WITH SOME THING IT SHOULD BE EQUAL LEVEL.....THE WAY YOU EXPRESSED THAT IS NOT AT ALL PERFECT.

Srinivas |08 May,2013 09:57:11 AM

GOOD MORNING CHANDRA.... NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU, SEE INNOVA IS MUV........XUV IS SUV. AND ONE MORE THING THAT WHAT EVER VEHICLE NOW THIS YEAR 2013 ARE VERY MUCH PERFECT AND TROUBLE FREE. M&M CAME UP WITH ALL SMALL GLITCH. NOW YOU CAN BUY XUV 5OO WITH OUT ANY CONFUSE. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION PLZ CALL ME ON MY NO - 08886227766(SRINIVAS)