Mahindra XUV500: The Useless SUV

By for Mahindra XUV500 2016-06-01 19:18:43.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Looks, ride, handling

Cons : AC, comfort, quality

I am an XUV owner since the past 1 year. I own a W6 variant and I am deeply disappointed with the car.

XUV500 looks good and muscular but the built of the car is very bad. The paint outside, bumper quality, plastic inside and the music system is all very bad. I wish, I had waited for the Innova Crysta or the BR-V as I wanted a big 7-seater for my family.

The car drives well. It is stable at high speeds and the engine is also responsive. But, that's all in the good part.

The seats are not at all comfortable, the plastic on the dashboard is of bad quality, the touch of the buttons is bad, the AC is useless and the music system is also bad. I don't know why Mahindra has given such bad quality in a car which costs Rs. 15 lakh.

My mother usually sits in the second row of the car and had often complained about a backache. The AC in the second row only cools if you turn off the vents in the first row. The third-row cooling is good but the ride gets very bumpy.

Outside, the paint quality is not good. I have to park my car outside the office and under direct sun, the paint has started to fade.

In bumper to bumper traffic, a bike hit my car from behind and the bumper fell down. I really did not expect it to come off in such a small collision.

If you are looking for a seven seater comfortable car, opt for anything else but not the XUV500.