Mahindra XUV: My first Rendezvous with the stylish hatchback

By for Mahindra XUV500 2016-11-12 14:35:37.0
  • Appearance

Mahindra XUV500 has stormed the hatchback market in India since its launch. I bought the car

in the second week of launch and I am quite satisfied with its performance. The entry level

hatch XUV500 is decent in terms of comfort and looks and as far as the price point is

concerned. I was very impressed with its SUVish looks and upmarket interiors with facilities

of touchscreen infotainment and even airbag for the driver.

XUV500, despite being a hatchback is quite spacious and we 7 adults were able to fit in

quite comfortably in the backseat. Knee space was also pretty decent and not a major

hindrance which is quite common in the smaller cars.

Being a car enthusiast, I can pretty well state that the car is fair in terms of ride

quality and handling. According to me, when it comes to power capability, an 900cc engine is

not sufficient for four adult passengers, so a more powerful engine would be an added

advantage.

Nevertheless, at a price point of Rs. 15 lacs, you can’t complain much. If you are a first-

time buyer, XUV500 is the right car for you. It offers you decent specs, stylish look and

segment-best interiors, and top of it, an excellent mileage of 18kmpl, which every Desal

conscious buyer would love to go for. It is a good option if you would want to stand out and

try something new apart from the popular fortuner and scorpeoo.