It's Not A Bad Move To Buy This SUV

By for Mahindra XUV500 2013-10-07 10:28:17.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Safety, Gadgets and Style

Cons : Minnor problem with Electronics

I got the XUV500 in Sept 2013 and I've done almost 1000km.

Look and Style: I believe it has got stunning looks and is a head turner. Some people say It was overstyled, but I like this extra attention to details, such as the design of the tail lamps with all that Chinese stuff. I think Mahindra has got the design right, perhaps what Indian wants from an SUV (subjective remark).

Comfort and Performance: I can't complain about its comfort aspect because of the long listing of gadgets the XUV500 offers. The suspension  setup is good and it rides on huge 17-inch tyres, helping it to run over potholes smoothly. Some say that it can't be compared to the Toyota Innova in terms of handling and driveability. But for me, screw driveability, I got 140 bhp of power, six-gears, 100kmph in 12.5 seconds and above all ESP to watch my back! You can feel the ESP kicking when you are doing some tight manoeuvres at high speed.

There's one thing that I have to admit, it has got some minor problems with its electronics. For me, follow-me-home function turns on automatically whenever I try to lock or unlock the vehicle, even though I got it turned off as per the manual. But the cool thing is that it does'nt turn on at random hours, it turns on only when there low light or during night time.

Mileage : For first 1000km, I got 11kmpl (as per the MID display).

Overall Experience : Happy with the choice I made.

• SUJIT SINGH |09 Oct,2013 04:33:29 PM

If any person want to purchase XUV500 or San-young Rexton in Pune,Maharastra,Please contact me on 07798888747. I am giving you the complete information with on road price quot.