Don't Ever Buy An XUV 500

• Appearance

Pros : Good Ad and Publicity

Cons : Bewar :Even engine rattles like autorickshaw in less than 300 kms drive.

This is the worst car I have ever purchased and driven. They sell defective cars and then tell you that as per their policy they can only repair parts. They don't even replace the engine or gearbox  in less than 300 Km of use. So, it's better to buy a secondhand car rather than paying for a new one and getting it converted. Mahindra needs to improve the team that takes care of the customer complaints . They don't even reply back forget about taking any action. It's  a nightmare.

Comments Mahindra XUV500
  • gfhgjhkj |06 May,2013 07:40:38 PM

i was plannig to buy xuv 5oo awd variant but after reading the comments n reviews for the suv i am forced to change my mind n look for sme othr option

• Ram |07 Jun,2013 08:59:34 PM

I wonder why top most guys in Mahindra do not set right such lack of care for its customers

ajay arya |26 Jun,2013 09:26:37 PM

This is the worst car . They sell defective cars and then tell you that as per policy they can only repair parts after drive 3500 shocker is licked and the only replace without tell me the resion and also te replace break pad. its better to buy a secondhand car and replace defected part DDPM moters Dehradun And also lack of customer care

• praveen |27 Jun,2013 10:31:20 AM

I had been using XUV5OO for the past 15 months and have done 20000 km till now. Havent come across any major issues yet. I live in Kerala and the service is being done at TVS Motors Trivandrum. But regarding the fuel economy , its all the same like the INNOVA and far far better than Toyota fortuner. I think the beast behaves the same way how we treat it.

• venkatesh |05 Jul,2013 01:10:21 PM

i bought this 2 months ago, drove 2k already, absolutely no issues like this and contrary to what you are saying, the service folks are v responsive, they have taken all my calls regarding queries that i had and no lag in responses too.

• Anuj Garg |06 Nov,2013 06:13:21 PM

Can you please confirm form where you have bought the vehichle. If you can expose the culprit, I am sure company will take serious action against the dealer.

Mahindra XUV500 review scorecard