Don't Buy It

By for Mahindra XUV500 2012-09-07 17:38:05.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Everything outside, looks

Cons : Everything inside, service

So, I bought the XUV 500, W8 FWD in July 2012. Now, the car has completed 1100 km and already got problems with suspension, and noise inside the cabin. First, I tried to book an appointment and that took 2 days. I received several calls and SMS telling me the name of my relationship manager. So, I tried to call him on Saturday, and he told me someone will call me back in few mins, this never happened. So, that day, I didn’t manage to get appointment. I called him again next Monday morning, and he passed me onto someone and I finally got the appointment next day. I brought the vehicle next morning, the supervisor told me I will get the car same day evening, I called in the evening, he told me, he will deliver the car next day. Next day, I called him in the afternoon, he said my vehicle is ready and I can pick it up, I went there, he asked for 5 mins. Of time which is always 15 mins. After that, he brought the paper to cashier, and cashier was not there, this again took 20 mins. The cashier spotted something was missing, the supervisor tried to close the case but he did some mistake. He was asking me for another 20 mins ( which would mean at least an hour) and I had enough of it. I left. No one called me that day. I sent an email to customer care and XUV sales department, next day, my relationship manager called and told me, they will fix the vehicle and send it across the same day. I called the manager in the evening, he told me my vehicle is ready and I can come and pick it up, I told him I will never visit workshop, he should send it over unless he wants to keep it, he said he will get back to me. He never picked up his phone after that. Today, I sent an email again to the customer care and XUV sales, the supervisor called me in the morning and told me he will deliver the vehicle before 5 pm, I asked him if I have to call him again or follow to which he said no, I don’t have to. And on top of it, he told the vehicle is still not fixed, he got the part and he will fix it today. Now, there is no sign and it’s 4th day, my car is laying in their workshop, taking car shower and resting, because I was driving it too much. Can you imagine? Would you still like to buy a car that has problems in the first month of purchasing and it takes more than 4 days to repair it and even no one is answerable or care about how many days it takes. People – go ahead and buy another company vehicle, my previous experiences with Tata, Ford, Hyundai and Chevrolet, no matter how big the problem was, the vehicle was delivered the same day and it was ready when they called me, I just needed to pay and drive. So, you pay more than 15 lacs to test this vehicle, and you spend your time bringing the car to workshop, and when they tell you it’s ready, and you go there to pick up and find out it’s not ready. So, in all, it’s a big loss to buy this car, first you spend so much money in buying, second you spend your time testing this car, third, you spend time in repairing it, fourth, most of the time, this car is going to be in garage. Imagine, within one month, it’s 4 days in workshop and I am still counting and that too, after two emails to customer care.

• Dr. Ahmed Irfani |18 Oct,2012 11:34:49 PM

I purchased W6 model considering quite a few issues with electronics. So far am very much satisfied with the performance of the vehicle which I bought from AMPL in Secunderabad on 8th May 12, mfg date March 12. Info system was changed twice due to faulty CD player and still occ it re boots itself while playing songs. Auto Start/Stop malfunctions occ and low mileage after first service. Initially I had brake noises which were gone after first service. Overall I love this vehicle esp after owning Scorpio for 5 years.

• saurabh |27 Dec,2012 01:20:15 PM

Really confused !! Should I buy it or not because I am getting too many mixed reviews about XUV . Overall I can sum it to be a nice car with lot of electronics problems which are not easy to rectify. After sale service is bad. Pls post if anybody has a different view in urgaon

• sathish |02 Jan,2013 09:56:23 PM

hi im planning to buy xuv500 W8 fwd ..pl say some thing about tat car whtr to buy or not pl..

• ajay sharma |07 Jan,2013 07:45:47 PM

i wanted to buy a xuv 500 but after going through its reviews i had some reservations about its quality and turned to mahindra customer care services who informed that their service personal from chandigarh will address my queries about its quality but even after one month nobody bothered to contact me so far which is an indication about their response to the public.

• VIKAS SHUKLA |01 Feb,2013 05:43:09 PM

Fantastic car XUV500 but hard front suspensions.... Super pick up and very plasticy interiors. Steering could have come a notch lower for on the top of steering control. Drive is not very stable but a bit rolling for the pillions. We bought the W8 AWD model 4 months back. the front suspension felt very hard from the day one and the ride was not gliding like over the bumps . Shocks were directly coming headon with thuds even on small bumps , as if there was no shock absorption system. Also steering vibrations were felt on turnings on rough roads (very much). Inspite of being single man driven and driven only 2500 Km ( never above 40 KM/hr) upto first service such worsening of suspension is surprising. But after replacement of rubber bushes and retorquing the ride improved considerably. And after a month once again tightening of the suspension bolts improved it further . I have read one or two such experiences by other owners also in the same region stating that shocker dont take shocks and pass it on to the steering and cabin and driver. Has any one of you ever driven on very rough roads full of deep holes ?? Do you find the shockers / suspension is hard. Pl share ......and send me an email too if you have the same experience pl .. \