The Best entry level Sedan

By for Mahindra Verito from CHENNAI 2011-07-09 01:15:01.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Fuel economy, maintanence, comfort, space, driving pleasure, good control

Cons : Ergonomically not perfect interiors

Exterior  Verito has good looks from outside. This is my personal assessment. Many people find the car still like Logan (box shape etc.). Yet I feel that Verito, with small modifications, has an improved look. It seems to be a seasoned person's car, not for young people. Interior (Features, Space & Comfort)  Cabin space is good. The car is wider than even the Manza. Three persons can sit comfortably in the back with ample leg room. Front seats are also quite wide and comfortable for long drives. There are some controls which are placed at odd places, but I feel that one gets used to them very soon. The indicators are placed on the left and it may take time to get used to them. Quality of plastic, fabric etc. is good keeping in view the price of the car. One can not expect top end material in a car of this price range. Yet interior is pragmatic and should be OK with most of the  buyers. Engine Performance, Fuel Economy and Gearbox  The best part of the car is its engine and the power that it emits. Even though the diesel engine produces less power than manza, yet there was no lag in acceleraion and torque. In hills, torque is more important than power and Verito does the job appreciably. The gears are smooth. The brake padel is a bit hard (wooden feel it gives). But the engineer told me that it will become somewhat soft after some use. Fuel economy is very good. Mahindra cars have lived up to their claims. Though I could not test the car for long duration, but what other users have told me the fuel efficiency is more than expected. I will get my car in a few days and I am going on a very long trip the same day testing the car in all sort of conditions. After that I will again write this review. Ride Quality & Handling  Handling of car is exceptionally good. Ride quality is fine and one feels comfortable. The steering is smooth and respsnsive. First time buyers should be careful with steering as it is very responsive. I did not get the feeling that I was driving a bigger car. Final Words  What I feel from the test drive, this car takes the cake. At this price point, one can not expect feature of very high end cars. But this car has all those features which are needed by a common user. Go for this car without a second thought. I said elsewhere that as a good looking girl may not be a good wife, so a very good looking car may not be the best option. Areas of improvement  Boot lid needs some more improvement. Audio system is needed in almost all the varients.

• ashish |26 Aug,2011 12:05:06 PM

indeed a good post sanjay . . . . Thanx . . . M going for verito soon . . .

• Muthuramalingam |19 Sep,2011 12:25:41 PM

hi i read your riview can you please update the performance of the vechicle and milage Thank you Regards Muthuramalingam Singapore

• Srikanth |08 Oct,2011 12:07:06 PM

Hi Sanjay, Can you please tell me the price...you have brought...I planing to buy a verito.