D6 Top end misses features

By for Mahindra Verito from Tamil Nadu Coonoor 2012-04-26 20:36:21.0
  • Appearance

Pros : surprisingly good value for money

Cons : Impossible to build in a 2Din Navigation System, no steering remote control

Look and Style: acceptable but will soon be outdated   Comfort : Excellent   Pickup : surprisingly good   Mileage : don´t care, if it´s empty I will fill the tank   Best Features : inside spacious - even more space than in a Chevrolet!   Needs to improve : seats covers, would prefer leather   Overall Experience

• AVINASH |22 May,2012 04:31:23 PM

I had test driven VERITO 1.5 CRDi D6 yesterday for @ 9 km. I opted riding over rumble tumble speed breaker, PWD dugged road drainage, up curvy slope, smooth wide road. Good riding. I also sat back when it was driven and I am happy about the space. Boot space was huge. Car is simple, sturdy. Externally nothing extraordinary . Interior not impressive and not too bad. Only driver air bag. I liked the placement of power window buttons on dashboard console and for rear windows behind gear knob. The sales executive mentioned 22 km per liter mileage. I would tend to buy as Mahindra is making jeeps, scorpio, xylo etc for many decades and bound to have mastry over diesel engines. Also spares and service is abundant. Comparatively thre is always a fear of the Korean or Japanese or German some day winding away. I had a Daewoo Matiz in 2000, in 2 years the South Korean maker wound out. The GM who bought Daewoo produced Spark but Matiz ka Jawab nahi. That mazza aur dam of matiz is missing. The Mahindra Renault venture shut down and Verito replaced Logan. Hero Honda venture separated to Hero Moto and Honda. The fast changing socio-political scene can bring in new ventures and so also shut existing ones. This point is not to be over looked. Fast changing world. Fast changing AUTO world of Bharat.