Have owned the vehicle for 7 Months and driven 17000 Kms.
1. Amazing Space
2. Proper SUV Feeling for the driver
3. Good Ground Clearance
4. Better option for the price range as only Maruti Suzuki Dzire, Tata Zest and Volkswagen Ameo offer diesel automatic in this range and both are half the size and capabilities as compared to TUV300.
5. 3rd row can be used for short distances
1. AMT problem (described in details below)
2. Body Roll
3. Bad music system
4. Worst speakers used
5. Not reclinable second row
6. Slow pick-up in AMT
7. Worst of seat fabric used, even spilled over water, leaves water marks.
8. Overlapping price segment with Nuvosports which offers cruise control.
9. Bad plastic quality and you can feel knocking sound of plastic in few months
10. Arm rests starts shaking in few months
11. Extremely low range of the key, feels you are virtually standing beside the car to lock and unlock the same. This makes it impossible to find the vehicle in large mall parking. I have personally faced an issue where I had to search for my car for 15 minutes in a Noida mall.
12. Lack of rear parking camera is a big problem while parking the car
13. Parking sensors don't show accurate distance.
14. Gear Change in AMT gives you jerks which changing gear from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 1st as well as 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 2nd gear.
15. Mileage of 10-11 kmpl in city with AC.
The AMT technology of Mahindra is not good. My car started giving AMT error from the first 15 days of delivery and Mahindra had to replace the transmission wiring in early few days. Mahindra team was very much confident that the problem was rectified after replacing the transmission wire and the same would not reoccur. But unlike their expert team?s expert opinions and hit and try, the error reoccurred within a week of replacing the transmission wiring. After that, Mahindra had to replace the entire transmission system. Again they expected that error problem was solved as the root cause was solved. If you don?t invest in R&D properly, problems are never solved. Same happened in my Mahindra TUV300 AMT as errors again reoccurred.
My advice that you stay away from Mahindra TUV300 AMT version as we all know that Mahindra doesn?t invest in R&D and launch cars in market with half cooked technology. Same happened with initial customers of XUV500 who had to suffer for about 2 years. In 7 months of ownership of TUV300 AMT, I had to visit the service center 7 times for different AMT issues. Service Center has kept the car for about 30 days in totality working on finding and doing their hit and trials to resolve AMT issues.
If you seriously want to buy this car, buy the manual version. As I have driven manual version for about 15 days given as replacement Vehicle and that is great. Small-small issues mentioned above as bad points can be ignored in the manual transmission TUV300.
In brief do not buy Mahindra TUV300 T8 AMT because 1) From day one th...
It has got an bold and tough look not only from outside but inside too...
Mahindra tuv is the best suv car in this price range . a good performa...
It will help us serve you better content and best deals