Good Vehicle with lots of quality problems

• Appearance

Pros : Looks, Seating comfort, good space

Cons : Front power window switched in center console, Quality Issues with different parts

I was very excited for the launch of TUV300. Even I did the pre-launch booking of the TUV 300 T8 manual on 6th Sep'15 at Koncept Mahindra Bikaji Cama Place, New Delhi.

I got the delivery on 16th Sep'15 but, unfortunately from the very first day I observed an annoying noise from the Engine at low RPMs but I ignored considering that I will get it check on the first service. But, got the shock of my life on 18th Sep when in the evening at my home (in Bhiwadi) I tried to start the vehicle but it did not crank. I called Mahindra helpline number and they send the crane to lift the vehicle in the morning (19th Sep).

I got it checked at Diwan Four Wheel, Rewari. On diagnosis, is was revealed that the crank sensor is faulty and they replaced the sensor. When they checked the old sensor it was found OK. But as the vehicle was getting started therefore they didn't bother to check the root cause. Now I don't know whether the problem is solved or it will surface again.

I also asked to check the engine noise problem, they inspected the vehicle for 4 hours but could not diagnose the root cause. and ask me to get it checked at other service station at Gurgaon or Delhi.

On 20th Sep another problem surfaced, the left front door stops responding with the center locking.

Only good thing is the response from Mahindra team. They continuously follow up with me and sent a team from Chennai plant to check the vehicle at Delhi service station.

I hope Mahindra team will learn from the incident and serve better quality products.

Comments Mahindra TUV 300
  • sanjiv kumar |23 Sep,2015 08:15:56 PM

Weather what is good or bad for purchase this vehicle give detail of it

• arvind |23 Sep,2015 08:25:56 PM

Nothing is bad Iam also bought t8 on the same day running with 1900 kms nothing as problem like and even my first service is at 5000 kms only but how it's possible 5000 kms just in 6 days that's ok but hie problem is only with his car,

• abhi |24 Sep,2015 12:45:53 AM

I had tuv 300 test drive ,i would say best suv exprience thanks to mahindra

sanjeev kumar Rathi |01 Nov,2015 08:55:23 PM

Please guide me,I want to buy tuv3oo. How is this car,please tell me 09837859013

VIKAS RAJPUROHIT |05 Nov,2015 12:39:54 AM

Rathi bhai....le lo bhai lelo........baki car se to thik hai

aman kumar |27 Feb,2016 02:04:11 PM

Yaani aapke khne ka mtlab hy ki xuv se tuv achchi hyy....

• VIKAS RAJPUROHIT |05 Nov,2015 12:35:39 AM

Bahi ek hai log xuv nahi le paate...un k liyee le gadi acchi hai....koi mujhe bayategaa ki isme milege ka koi issue hai ya nahi.......?

Nazrul |05 Dec,2015 01:34:12 PM

mileage accha hai 14 kmpl in AC

• kanhaiya Temre |02 Dec,2015 03:56:36 PM

I also want a vehical for multipurpose use kindly suggest me i also like tuv 300 4t

• sanjeev kumar Rathi |02 Dec,2015 10:36:04 PM

I want to buy tuv3oo T8 suggest me how is this car please Dr Sanjeev KUMAR Rathi

• vinay |30 Dec,2015 11:33:11 AM

Tough suv from mahindra

• sanjay patel |02 Jan,2016 04:53:42 PM

Thanks for the feed back ,i just got to go for it but now for sure i shall never go for mahindra

• Gurmeet singh |30 Mar,2016 08:11:31 AM

Veerji aapji dso kida di car hai leni tuv lava ya ertiga

• Nilesh Dhore |15 Jun,2016 12:48:07 PM

Such types of should not have in vehicle, otherwise no body will purchase Mahindra vehicles.

Mahindra TUV 300 review scorecard