Rating of Mahindra Scorpio

Mahindra Scorpio - Worth the gamble

S
Sanjay Lal
On: May 31, 2016 | 5128 Views

I have been using Mahindra Scorpio for a year and my love for the car increases with time.

I am a core SUV lover and this is the place where Scorpio nails it. I had checked its competitors while buying it and I really don't repent my decision. I just love off-roading and in the next para I will be covering some marvellous points about the car.

Important things first - I own a 4x4 variant which means the power is delivered to all the four wheels. This is not of much use on stable roads but is a blessing on muddy tracks. The car runs like anything off-road and once you are accustomed to Scorpio you can really thrash other vehicles.

High ground clearance makes obstacles fun to overcome. The car is rugged and I have driven the vehicle really fast on sluggish tracks but to no disappointment. The control is just amazing even when one of your wheels is stuck in mud or so.

Now some negatives. If you are planning to buy a car just for seating more than five people, you can look for alternatives. There are some other cars available in the market which might give you a better package for lesser money. Carrying on with the nitpicking, you might not find some plush luxurious features as well in the car. Search for an alternative.

If you like to travel untravelled paths, go for Scorpio. It won't disappoint you (until and unless you are planning to buy a Range rover and have plans accordingly). The car cuts through difficult terrains quite effectively. But then if you want a family car, Scorpio may not be the best buy. Try some other alternatives and you might find a better one.

Other Scorpio Reviews