Problem with BRAND NEW SCORPIO

By for Mahindra Scorpio 2002-2006 from Gurgaon 2012-03-15 10:05:01.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Nothing

Cons : Clutch Paddle broke down

I just purchased a new Scorpio September 2011 and it has already broken down. The Clutch Paddle has gone free. I came to the office in the morning (it was fine then) and in the evening the clutch paddle had gone free…just like that. The clutch problem started 2-3 months after the purchase…getting stuck for 2-3 seconds while driving. I got its 1st service done on time on 3rd Feb 2012 and informed them about the problem as well for which I was assured the correct measures have been taken. I have heard that this is an usual problem occurring with almost 75 percent of the Scorpios. I hope you people at Mahindra take proper measure for this. I dont think after this incident I will suggest anyone to buy this car. Pickup   Mileage   Best Features   Needs to improve   Overall Experience

• mohammed Iqbal |04 Apr,2012 09:49:18 PM

I read a comment from one buyer, because I intend to buy a Scorpio Automatic ,brand new , but now my mind is change, after two months the clutch will be broken, I surprised why company does'nt care about it. they losed the customer. becasue it is very huge amount.

• mohammed Iqbal |05 Apr,2012 02:42:37 AM

• Ram Pavan Kumar |25 Apr,2012 05:34:57 PM

I faced the same problem with my new Scorpio Lx purchased in Dec 2011. I logged the complaint with customer care. They do not bothered to attend it. However, I received a recall message from the vendor for replacing clutch cable O ring on 23-04-2012. This is as per the Mahindra's notification to all the dealers. I am not satisfied with desi style of functioning by the Mahindra customer care and their dealer / workshop network. M. Ram Pavan Kumar 9642256677

N.Narayanan |13 Sep,2012 11:20:53 PM

Dear ramm I also own a dec2011 LX I also feel at times the clutch is hard I faced a shift problem from 3rd to 4th & got it subsequently rectified at the dealer's end, Probably a batch Defect

• Ram Pavan Kumar |25 Apr,2012 05:43:38 PM

I faced the same problem with my new Scorpio Lx. I logged the complaint with customer care. They do not bothered to attend it. However, I received a recall message from the vendor for replacing clutch cable O ring. This is as per the Mahindra's notification to all the dealers. I went to the nearest dealer with prior intimation, where he does not have stock of O rings. I am not satisfied with the desi style of functioning by the Mahindra customer care and their dealer / workshop network. M. Ram Pavan Kumar 9642256677

• rajeev |02 May,2012 05:15:07 PM

it seems scorpio has clutch problem and after reading customers version i may not buy scorpio.

• Charu Kulkarni |24 May,2012 08:16:30 PM

Have read only the above two reviews. Not sufficient feedback to help make a decision. Shall probably revert to Hyundai Verna. Sedan vs SUV? Can't decide.

Ash |25 May,2012 12:33:34 PM

Don't go on the numbers of reviews...if you still have doubt there is lots of scope for RnDs.

• Kav |25 May,2012 02:44:32 PM

This is actually the problem with the Scorpios. I have many friends and relatives who are facing similar issue with their Brand New Scorpios...it's the same Clutch problem.

• srikanth |01 Jun,2012 01:11:57 AM

but in our car no problem u maintain it well u sen you r car for service once in 10000

Ash |01 Jun,2012 08:39:37 AM

Gud to know that..but this problem has been occuring in all NEW Scorpios (services done on time)

• K.Sensowa |05 Jun,2012 09:08:16 PM

I have similar problem with Clutch system with my Scorpio . I bought the car on 30-12-2012. I got this problem from the day one. The authorized dealer seemed to be flabbergasted being unable to locate the problem. They wanted to down play the issue saying that it was due to half clutching while driving , but I pointed out that I have been driving vehicle for last 47 years . The last vehicles I have been using are Marut-made and they are being used by me up to 14 years registering 300000 (three lakhs ) KM , without even opening the engine . My Maruti Esteem is running still now after 15 years without any clutch problem. I had no problem with Willis jeep . Now how a young Mahendra trained boy should try to teach me driving? The clutch paddle simply falls off immobilizing the vehicle on the Road. My owner friends may be careful of getting stuck while driving uphill. It has happened to me and may happen to any body. The Mohendra group must withdraw all the vehicles from the market as it has paused a serious problem for the Public at large. I sent the vehicle to set right after driving 500 KM . the clutch problem for more than five times . Now I have decided to approach the consumer forum to get my grievance redressed. When Nokia collected back their defective batteries all over the world why Mahendra cannot. It is not the question of money value but the quality of workmanship and accountability to public. K.Sensowa --Dibrugarh -, Assam ,

Ash |06 Jun,2012 10:06:49 AM

I totally agree with you. I had to contact Mahindra people directly on their customer care (customercare@mahindra.com) since the dealer was giving all sorts of nonsense reasons.

Sanjay Rana |06 Jun,2012 12:29:07 PM

I had the similar problem on 4th of June 2012. It came as a shock to me because I had a very good notion about the vehicle. Now it has come down to brink of extinction. I was informed that it is known problem , still not clear as to why Mahindra is silent about this. I truly agrees that if Noika can recall it's faulty batteries and even Toyota also recalls it's vehicle then why Mahindra is shy about this , after all it's a question mark on their quality standard and by recalling they will show how much they care about the QUALITY.

bala |29 Jul,2012 11:14:54 AM

My new scopio also had the same issue. Yesterday the clutch plate gone on the highway and the vehicle stopped. Did any of you had the problem for the second time, now I am scared to take the vehicle for long drive.

N.Narayanan |13 Sep,2012 11:32:32 PM

Dear Mr. Ramm /Mr. K.Sensowa, I also own a dec2011 LX I also feel at times the clutch is hard I faced a shift problem from 3rd to 4th & got it subsequently rectified at the dealer's end, Probably a batch Defect Also Mr. Mr.K. Sensowa, with due respect to your age sir, the attitude with the dealer guys are same recently I got the third service done at CAI Coimbatore the attitude of the tecnicians & the service advisors are really disgusting, they teach me how to drive and I have been driving cars since 1991 started with Matadors & MM 540 & Maruthis for the past 6 Years, they tell us that our usage of clutch is bad and try to cover up their problem, It is a major issue which the Mahindras will have to attend to or else their reputation is going to go to dogs.

vijay |15 Jan,2013 06:36:21 AM

hi have you got any reply as I am also facing the same problem I bought this vehicle 3 month back ..

• N.Narayanan |17 Jul,2012 02:31:21 PM

dear friends, I have been having a Scorpio LX delivered at Chennai Since 22.12.2011. It is seven months Now I have traveled from Chennai to Coimbatore Twice on the Highways and I too had a problem of Shift from 3rd gear to 4th Gear. this happened just after My second Service. It was happening to me for almost a distance of 40-50 Kms I could not engage 4th Gear I had to go Straight form 3rd to 5th and 5th to 3rd Subsequently Even though I had used the Full clutch, Subsequently I got it services from MY dealer at Chennai MPL Motors. The Service manager had assured that this would not reoccur. and I have driven about 1400 Kms after this problem and i am comfortable. As you people have been posting I think Mahindras will have to give a rethink to all the vehicles delivered in 2011 and 2012. This is deliberately spoiling their image built by Keshubji. Anand Ji lagtha Hi ke App Yeh sub sun rahee ho.

• sunil |03 Aug,2012 02:54:09 PM

Does Mahindra have any image?? Is SCORPIO as a vehicle worth its price?? I am surprised how people like to put their money in drain by buying Mahindra vehicles. Pity

N.Narayanan |13 Sep,2012 11:25:17 PM

• herderlal |23 May,2014 04:29:13 PM

i was planning to buy a scorpio....but now after reading these......no chance....

• Shariq Mohammad |17 Jul,2014 04:36:29 PM

I was planing to buy LX 4x4 soon (next month ) but now I'm a little skeptical about it...Should I go for some other brand may be Tata or Toyota?