Mahindra KUV100: The Well Built Indian Machine

270 people found it helpful. 151916 ViewsWrite Review
  • Appearance

Pros : Gear lever is excellent, Looks like an SUV, Front seat armrest in 6-seater variant

Cons : Engine vibrations, Uncomfortable seats, Not stable at high speeds (120 )

Hi, my name is Vikram and I bought my KUV100 K6 variant in March 2016. I love the way it looked, like no other in the category. Also, I loved the way the gearshifts felt.

After driving the car for 2 months, I realized that I indeed made a wise buying choice. The car drives well. The steering wheel is not too light so the control is good. The joystick for the music system is also very easy to use.

Pickup and performance of the car is also fun. But, my family does complain of a backache in long journies. The rear seats are not very comfortable. In city driving it is fine but when you travel for more than 300 kms, it becomes a problem. The engine, for the most parts, is smooth but at high revs, it vibrates a lot and makes an uncomfortable noise.

The instrument cluster is clear to read and looks good when lit. The space in the car is also good as I can carry 4 family members easily. Small children can also be seated in the middle front seat, but as there is no seat belt, it is unsafe and needs to be accompanied by an adult on the passenger side. When the front middle seat is empty, it can be folded into an armrest which is very comfortable and has cup holders.

The mileage is also near to what the company claims and the people at the service center are also very friendly. I am very satisfied with my car choice. Yes, it has some issues but overall, it is an excellent car. Do buy a Mahindra KUV100, it is a lovely manly car.

Comments Mahindra KUV100
  • B J Somayaji |20 May,2016 09:34:03 PM

Mahomet's KUV100 K6,petrol, bought 2 months ago has been giving very low mileage. (Less than 10 km/l in city roads)Service center advisor informs me that I have to wait for first service. I am not happy about that.

kirti |05 Jun,2016 01:17:33 AM

Same here bro ..! But d mileage on highways was 13-14.

ashish |20 Jul,2016 07:04:39 AM

same here bro

• kirti kothari |05 Jun,2016 01:16:32 AM

Bought d new K8 6 Seater Petrol Squad Superb experience as totally worth Drove to Alibaug and Mahabaleshwar was full of fun riding

Mahindra KUV100 review scorecard