Land Rover Range Rover Evoque
    Mercedes-Benz GLC
    Mercedes-Benz GLC
    Rs   48.12 - 77.42 Lakh*
    Compare Cars

So much to buy a discovery...Ufffff

By for Land Rover Discovery Sport 2017-09-27 15:11:13.0
  • Appearance

We came down to the only land rover dealer in Bangalore, Marqland. We were looked after by Milon. After showing interest in the range rover evoque we were looking at finalising on it. Again we visited the showroom and the discovery overawed us and we then zeroed in on the Discovery Sport. We waited for a few days to coming close to liking a colour.
We showed keen interest in the colour blue, which apparently wasn?t available readily. Suddenly one day Milon called me and said that they were ready to give me the HSE blue discovery if I would give them an advance and confirm the same.
And then we finally sat down with one Mr Ajay to close in on the discovery. After having a conversation with him, we were extremely uncomfortable with this guys attitude, he seemed very cheeky, dubious and arrogant, we were interested in buying the car and it had to do nothing with this dudes attitude and therefore decided to give him the cheque but he refused. Somehow I feel this guy had some serious character flaws which makes him unfit to do business with. I am, in fact appalled at the way the cheque was refused.
The loan documents were taken on the same day and all looked on course.
The next day when I enquired with Milon I was told the car was sold ...Wow! Why? Because the customer gave a one shot payment and took delivery of the blue discovery, unbelievable. I felt manipulated. Was there a selfish agenda involved? If that being the case then why was my time wasted the previous day?
I gave up and started looking at other vehicles... at least the sales team was clean or should I say genuine unlike the Marqland sales team.Then again recently i got a message from Milon on the 8th or 9th of September stating that the blue or grey Hse discovery sport was available at the old price and he could get a good deal for me. In fact he asked me to visit a customer's place in Jayanagar to see the grey discovery so that I could decide between the two. I left my work aside and made this futile trip to see the vehicle. I got to see the vehicle but was firm on the blue and decided to give the cheque for the discovery and block the vehicle based on the commitment rendered by Milon
In the midst of all this to my shock Milon tells me that the blue colour discovery will now be available at the new price. His errors alibi was senior manager Ajay.
Now the games didn't stop here he categorically told me that his senior manager Ajay had made a ...mistake? Did I hear that right? Yes? MISTAKE?. Land rover is such an established firm and Ajay is representing the sales team of land rover in Bangalore. This is totally unacceptable and this does speak volumes of the dishonesty in the way customers at this dealership are being dealt with, very unethical.
The discovery may be a good SUV but this entire roller coaster wasn?t necessary. I hope the land rover team takes this review seriously and makes sure that no other customer goes thru this ordeal and comes clean when dealing with customers.
Although my dream of buying a discovery is remote I wish things got a little simpler whenever a genuine customer approaches a dealer to buy a car. Things really don?t add up here.

• Saurabh |29 Nov,2017 01:41:52 PM

JLR should keep a check on Mr Ajay... This is absolutely unacceptable to have such people onboard