Good family car

By for Hyundai Xcent 2016-11-15 10:18:19.0
  • Appearance

I bought Hyundai Xcent S(O) Petrol Twilight Blue in November 2014 and have so far clocked in around 14000 km. This is my second car my first one is my all time favorite Maruti Alto LXi.

After taking test drive of Xcent, Dzire, Amaze and then newly launched Zest I decided to go for Xcent (Those were the only Compact Sedan's available in the market then, now there are a few more to compare) as -

In comparison with Dzire and Amaze this is a feature rich car (Zest has more features though)

Cost of this car was marginally lower than comparable models from Maruti & Honda (Zest perhaps is the cheapest in the segment for the kind of features it offers, but the taxi image of Tata favored buying the Xcent).

The driving experience is awesome and you will love taking your car out whether its driving in the crowded city or highways or hills this car rocks! Handling and control are excellent and steering mounted controls with Bluetooth make it just perfect for every drive. Few of our trips have been 5 adults traveling, but the spacing is just comfortable and even elders didn't face much problems during one of our long drives.

While I am fully convinced about buying this car, only thing I don't quite appreciate is the mileage in city(AC in speed 1 always) I get about 12 kmpl and in few long trips (300+ km) on the highway yielded around 19 kmpl. While the dealership (V3 Hyundai, Chennai) is gung-ho about 15+ kmpl in city, I beg to differ. After having driven cars for over 6 years now I do not wish to buy their argument that driving style will have an impact.

Overall its a good car. If you like the looks and convinced about the price point go for it!