Hyundai Verna Bad response from HYUNDAI

By for Hyundai Verna 2016-11-20 06:52:23.0
  • Appearance

Please read if you plan to buy a Hyundai car I purchased a Fluidic Verna SXO diesel model in 2012. After running 21000 km, I observed that the gear was struck on reverse and was not able to shift. I called the road side assistance and they said it would take three hours to reach. I investigated myself and found that the clutch pedal was pressed down and not moving up. I pulled the pedal by hand and drove the car to my service station which was around 50 km away. The service team found there was a manufacturing defect in the master cylinder and they replaced the same. Again after 2000 km, I made a complaint about hard clutch, they did the service and gave me the car back. Just two months after the warranty the car stopped on the road. Service centre towed the car to the workshop and they found the release bearing broken, and the broken parts damaged the pressure plate, and the fly wheel. I requested them this was a pre existing issue with the clutch and I need free replacement on the parts, but Hyundai denied free replacement and they charged 48000 for changing these parts. I contacted Eaton (auto clutch manufacturer) and from their write up the reason for the release bearing failure can be 1) Improper pre load 2) Riding on clutch 3) Misalignment of fork etc. Similar situation of Riding on clutch can be created if the master cylinder is not functioning properly as the clutch plate will not release. As I need car for my regular official work, I paid Rupees 48,000.00 and got all parts replaced. After one week, some vibration was observed in the steering wheel, and I took the car again to Modi Hyundai service centre. After inspection, they informed that the connecting rod is bend, and crank shaft damaged, and it will cost around 1, 50,000.00 for repair. All this happened because of the master cylinder manufacturing defect and non competent service technicians in Hyundai service centre. I was quite shocked to see all this parts damaged in 37000 kilometres, all these happened just two months after guarantee period. I wrote to Hyundai many times, but surprisingly till today there was no response from them. I did all periodical service in authorized service centre on time as per the instruction. This is the quality of customer service, the second biggest car manufacturer in India has.

• Hyundai Verna