Hyundai Fluidic Verna - Bad aftersales

By for Hyundai Verna 2014-09-05 18:49:07.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Car

Cons : Terrible service

Please read if you plan to buy a Hyundai car I purchased a Fluidic Verna SXO diesel model in 2012. After running 21000 km, I observed that the gear was struck on reverse and was not able to shift. I called the road side assistance and they said it would take three hours to reach.  I investigated myself and found that the clutch pedal was pressed down and not moving up. I pulled the pedal by hand and drove the car to my service station which was around 50 km away.  The service team found there was a manufacturing defect in the master cylinder and they replaced the same. Again after 2000 km, I made a complaint about hard clutch, they did the service and gave me the car back. Just two months after the warranty the car stopped on the road. Service centre towed the car to the workshop and they found the release bearing broken, and the broken parts damaged the pressure plate, and the fly wheel. I requested them this was a pre existing issue with the clutch and I need free replacement on the parts, but Hyundai denied free replacement and they charged 48000 for changing these parts. I contacted Eaton (auto clutch manufacturer) and from their write up the reason for the release bearing failure can be 1)    Improper pre load 2)    Riding on clutch 3)    Misalignment of fork etc. Similar situation of Riding on clutch can be created if the master cylinder is not functioning properly as the clutch plate will not release. As I need car for my regular official work, I paid Rupees 48,000.00 and got all parts replaced. After one week, some vibration was observed in the steering wheel, and I took the car again to Modi Hyundai service centre. After inspection, they informed that the connecting rod is bend, and crank shaft damaged, and it will cost around 1, 50,000.00 for repair. All this happened because of the master cylinder manufacturing defect and non competent service technicians in Hyundai service centre.   I was quite shocked to see all this parts damaged in 37000 kilometres, all these happened just two months after guarantee period. I wrote to Hyundai many times, but surprisingly till today there was no response from them. I did all periodical service in authorized service centre on time as per the instruction.  This is the quality of customer service, the second biggest car manufacturer in India has.

• nageshwer |29 Nov,2014 08:41:07 PM

i am facing same problem of gear from last two years ,but there is no solution from company side .

• mathew |10 Jan,2015 11:30:33 PM

I also faced same problem but luckily for me my clutch problem solved after multiple visits to service station. But I have many other unsolved problems - my coolant level is dropping regularly even after changing several parts of coolant radiator system and during this process they opened dashboard and now I am hearing lot of noises from dash board and many more complaints such as sound from rear suspension,break pads .Finally I started to ignore these sounds and I am not taking it to service station as I came to conclusion that those idiots in service station doesn't know anything about car and hyundai is providing really substandard products. I will never buy hyundai product again.

prakash |15 May,2016 10:23:16 AM

S ur right mr.mathew even i hav taken my var for the same noise from the rear suspension thrice and they couldnt figurre it out. Atlast as u said started ignoring it and now used with it. My only request to other who r planning to buy hyundai vehicle pls dont.....

• supreeth |26 Mar,2015 04:34:48 PM

I have come up with the same problem. I visited the TRIDENT HYUNDAI BANGALORE(SHESHADRIPURAM) service station thrice for same clutch problem. Am having sound while shifting to reverse gear. And my clutch got stuck and it was not getting released.

• d k mishra |05 Apr,2015 08:46:09 PM

I want to buy a verna VTVT 1.6 S , I am informed that the car is having problem in passing over humps and if four person are sitting the body is touching due to shock absorber problem is it true ?

samer |05 Apr,2015 09:20:41 PM

Yes, this car has this issue. the ground clearance is too less, and the shocks are really bad. this is 100% sure that you will have body hitting on humps even with two adults on board. more over Hyundai does not believe on service. this has only looks. no engineering.

ashok |11 May,2015 02:48:26 PM

Yes, it's true.Please don't go for Verna.

Gfsgjk |10 Jun,2015 01:14:40 PM

Jznxnnxnxnxnxnnxmxmxmx nxnnx xnnxx nxnx nxnnx xnxnx xnxnxnxnxnbxnnx xbxnxnx xnxnx xnxnx ndndn dbxbxb dhd xhxnx djd dhdbdb bdndndn

• rajneesh deora |15 Apr,2015 12:50:46 AM

It is true i have also faced the similar problem

• Ravi Sharma |11 Jun,2015 04:59:33 PM

SAME ISSUE.... TRUST ME PLZ DONT GO FOR THIS CAR .... HORRIBLE SERVICE AND SHI*T CAR

• Prakash |24 Jun,2015 09:58:16 PM

Bought This car in 2015 facing the same clutch problem ......while shifting to first gear you may think that the gear is being shifted by the time take ur foot from the clutch u can hear a crank noise and u hav to push clutch again and push the gear lever

• shantanu singh |25 Aug,2015 01:17:42 PM

Along with this car i also had to face problems with hyundai service centers. After each service there was new problem in my car.

• Ganesh |18 Nov,2015 02:51:51 PM

I am facing same problem. I have verna fluidic august 2011 model. I have changed 3 times clutch and pressure plate within 74000 km. 1 time changed turbo charger cost rs. 82000, front suspension,

• Parthasarathy |25 Jul,2016 09:22:08 PM

Even i had the same problem with the clutch but after replacing it , it works fine ..clutch was changed after 60k kilometers only ..technician said it was due to wear and tear