Excellent performane with shabby looks and less safety standard features.

• Appearance

Pros : Sufficient Space, power, pick up, good interiors and excellent performance

Cons : No airbags, mileage not up to the mark, shabby looks.

Look and Style Hi all automobile fans, I am writing this review as I have faced certain problems with Hyundai Verna Transform VGT CRDi. I opted for Hyundai Verna with full faith in Hyundai. I have also used Hyundai Accent, the performance of Accent was satisfactory in its segment range. I was expecting the same results from Hyundai Verna Transform. But the looks have not impressed me much as the front bumpers and blends resembles the one in Hyundai Accent. The looks could have been more stylish. I also took the test drive of Fiat Linea, the car was amazing but the service and maintenance were the major issues so finally I moved to Hyundai Verna. Comfort Interiors are well crafted and comfortable. There is ample of space at the driver's seat and the rear leg-room is sufficient enough to carry three passengers but the quality of dashboard plastics are not good. Pickup Pick up, acceleration and power are the key areas where this car rocks. The 1.5 liter CRDi engine is loaded with power. They only problem I noticed is its grip while driving on highways. The vehicle looses its grip when you drive above 70-80 kms. Mileage Mileage is a major concern. I opted for the diesel vehicle due to frequent highways runnings. I get a mileage of 15-16 kmpl on highways and in cities I get a mileage of around 12, whereas the competing cars like Ford Fiesta, Fiat Linea and Volkwagen Vento give more mileage. Best Features I dont think that the features are really exciting. So would not comment on it. Needs to improve I think the company needs to give it more stylish looks, add more safety standard features as there are no airbags in the car. Today you get airbags in small cars like Chevrolet Beat, Ford Figo, Maruti A-star and I was surprised that the renowned auto company, Hyundai missed airbags in a C segment car. Needs to add features like Bluetooth connectivity, USB port and Steering mounted audio control system. Overall Experience Overall experience has been so-so, if I comment in terms of power, pick up and acceleration I would say Verna is good but, if I comment in terms of features, mileage, safety standards and looks I do not find it much impressive. I think Hyundai should learn how to manufacture safer, fuel efficient and stylish cars from the German car makers, Volkswagen and the Japanese car makers, Honda, as both are renowned for their stylish, fuel efficient and A class safety standard products.

Comments Hyundai Verna 2010-2011
  • Satish Malik |25 Jan,2011 04:40:35 AM

You have spoken my heart out, the only thing you seem to have missed is the thud sound which comes on rough roads from steering column & Hyundai has accepted it as a manufacturing/desining defect across the range.

nitin nehra |26 Jan,2011 08:13:19 AM

plz change head light

• Alexandar |25 Jan,2011 09:30:12 AM

Hi Hyundai have to do something for SEDANS - no car proved its performance after Accent.

• AVST Kumar |25 Jan,2011 10:05:48 AM

It is surprise to me to know the above

• Colonel KJS Sandhu |25 Jan,2011 12:23:58 PM

Dear Readers Greetings I owned a Verna diesel in 2007. On long drives its a dream, I loved taking it past 140kmph on the Mumbai Pune expressway, the Rs100 toll was worth the pure pleasure of this very peppy car, only Mercs, Skodas could overtake my top speed was 156Kmph. Brakes at those speeds were an issue as my car did NOT have ABS but being a combat pilot I could take the risks and anticipate the longer rolls to declerate/stop. read seat is & was POOR, plastics are cheap and price needs to be brought down by Rs150,000 then it becomes value for money NOT at present rates. Hyundai could NOT salvage Elantra in similar situation and First 50,000 Accent Owners went through HELL when drive shafts and major transmission parts were NA for 2/3 months in 2006. Please factor in the above. Best Wishes KJS Sandhu

• Pardeep Laroiya |25 Jan,2011 01:46:58 PM

I purchased verna in sept 2010 and milage I am getting is 20

• JOJIBABU |25 Jan,2011 05:40:05 PM

My new Verna Hyundai Verna Transform VGT CRDi which i purchased in Dec-10. I'm Getting 20 kmpl in Highway 17 in city. (Bangalore)

• Sayeed Khan |25 Jan,2011 06:09:07 PM

The old Verna Diesel was good, petrol Verna is as bad or as good as other sedan, but yes since Hyundai is charging more or less the same as Vento diesel the quality should be better.

• shankarnambi |26 Jan,2011 03:52:49 AM

Hi, Thanks for your valuable feedback.

• Amit |26 Jan,2011 01:30:53 PM

hyundai verna diesel top model. the latest is quiet impressive.. i had compared it with vento of my friend and excepts interiors it scores above... driving verna is a pleasure.. mileage in city is 14 to 15, braking is excellent compared to any in the segment.. it misses on steering mounting controls and i really wonder how practi.. they are... the only thing i feel is the mucic system which should have been bluetooth enabled etc overall a wonderful make up, engine is good and services are always there...

• Ravi Kumar Barla |27 Jan,2011 09:11:18 AM

Hi, I am planing VERNA TRANSFORM Diesel car. Exelent performence.

• ankur |22 Feb,2011 12:20:45 AM

i am planning to buy verna crdi sx this month i hope this decision of mine will be good one,i will be using it for atleast 5 years (hope so)

• raghav |10 Jun,2011 03:19:56 PM

All you've written above is bullshit...it is an awesome car...wit 1.6 cc engine,first of all.(not 1.5) there is no point disgracing dis beautiful car.. far far far better than its competitors vento...i mean look at vento man..has a ugly exteriors man...bad car..only engine is not everything. and hyundai does not have a bad engine either.. so i wud suggest all da readers to go for it i own 1..and it is my personal experience..da car is wonderful.. wid looks,style,gud interiors,exteriors,and after sale services... wot more do u expect outa a cor of 9.5 lacs of rupees..??

sohil |28 Jun,2011 01:30:49 PM

dude.. itz dam gud but the rear view frm d mirror is dam bad .. so not really n easy drive in traffic specially.. i prefer i20!!

raghav |30 Jun,2011 12:41:52 AM

i agree on dis

• sam |14 Jun,2011 12:05:35 AM

can any one comment on performance of Logan 1.5 high end diesel to this verna fluidic model in all aspect for me to make a purchase plan . thanks sam

• sohil |28 Jun,2011 01:25:05 PM

looks r sporty n dam good. . evythns is fine.. but when i sit inside the car the rear view mirror seems helpless.. the hatch back is a severe hindrance while parking and looking behind..hated ds the most.. airbags is nt a big deal fr city use..

• Dr Parminder |24 Jul,2011 09:19:21 AM

I feel the same.I had purchased verna transform top model with faith in hyundai without streesing much on test drive. I had paid for the top model but it was an embarrasing and shameful experience for me to find the spare wheel fitted on an ordinary rim while the 4 tyres are on alloys. It would be disgusting to fit the spare wheel when required among the alloys. When I inquired from dealer he replied that this is cost cutting feature by the company, Shameful to go for cost cutting in top models

manish |07 Sep,2011 04:34:50 PM

dr parminder even if you buy a skoda laura you will find only 4 wheels with alloys and 5th with rim! lets get practical

• Rajesh Awasthi |10 Aug,2011 11:28:59 PM

How is performance of Hyundai Fludic verna 1.4 petrol.should one buy verna 1.4 VTVT of Honda City E for personal use.

• nitesh agrawal |29 Aug,2011 07:33:24 PM

i am planning to buy verna 1.6 sx diesel. should i buy ?

Hyundai Verna 2010-2011 review scorecard