Poor poor mileage and extra poor customer service response

By for Hyundai Verna 2011-2015 from Hyderabad 2011-11-09 14:27:18.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Stylish and good pick up

Cons : mileage at 8 to 9km and yes it is a diesal auto

Look and Style undoubtedly the best.. fell for it... Comfort Very comfortable for the driver and passenger.. Rear seat not so good in seat width as well as leg space Pickup awesome.. the best in this segment Mileage Extrememly poor.. i get 8 to 9 km/l for my diesal automatic in the city.. Highway about 12 to 13.. cannot get any Hyundai representative to comment on it.. Best Features small comforts for the driver like reverse camera, sensors, blue tooth, etc Needs to improve definitely mileage and customer service Overall Experiencegood. However, I felt cheated when i was told that they do not offer extended warranty on the diesal automatic that too a month after taking delivery. Customer service will not comment on why not. I guess they are not confident on their product quality.

• Malay bhalala |09 Nov,2011 02:52:05 PM

After reading this comment it seems that this car is not so good than my favorite car nissan sunny and so many other cars all over india

• THOMAS SEKHAR |16 Nov,2011 12:06:16 PM

I own a verna fluidic sx which gives decent mileage if driven sensibly for city drive around 13 and high way more than 20 if the speed does nor exceed 100 km/h I am fully satisfied with its fuel efficiency.

Biman Sensua Baruah |01 Dec,2011 12:57:54 AM

Surprised to learn that the car runs 13 in city and 20 km on high way. Below 100 km speed I hardly get maximum 10 km in city and 12 km on highway.Really no one is to complin or enquire any problem.The back sensor is wrongly functioning .Dealer service men fail to correct.In this 5 months get deskboard sound not yet solved by servicing centre.All are saying good pick up but i donot say so face lower pick up while overtaking .paint thickness is low.in minor rubs discolous and spot falls.Main problem is to be solved increase the millage at least 15 on high way 12 in city busy.

• jiss |20 Nov,2011 10:55:04 PM

how much will verna crdi 1.4 and 1.6 deliver if drive in 1-2000 rpm

• mathew |08 Dec,2011 08:45:11 AM

I own 2009 Verna CRIDI SX ABS City - Mumbai (10-11.2) City- Bangalore (12-12.5Kmph) I usually take the ring roads. Highway - Speed (120-180Kmph)- 13 kmpl (Pune Mumbai, Mysore Bangalore) Max speed i almost touched 190..may 187 0r 188 Highway - Speed (90-100Kmph) - 17 kmpl. These are the realistic numbers even i had very high expectaions.But this is the reality and i am happy with this.

• mathew |08 Dec,2011 08:51:40 AM

If i compare my honda city and Verna .. i enjoy sitting in my Honda. Verna obviously is too bumby a ride..(But goes without saying Verna is a beast and no car in that segment can even dream to beat a verna on the highway) How is it with Fluidic does it have a soft suspension like honda..Fluidic users please reply. I am seriously thinking of upgrading my car to an automatic transmission.

jatin |05 Jan,2012 02:06:29 AM

Hi mathew, I have both , honda city and the new verna 1.6 sx crdi. Verna is not at all a bumpy ride though even i enjoy the driver seat of my honda the most. And i personally think that 1.6 diesel(manual) is the best pick of the bunch. better not to go for an automatic one.

Rahul |17 May,2012 02:00:41 PM

Hi, I am thinking of Verna 1.6 top-end version in diesel Automatic. In the traffic i will find it comfortable to drive. Why are you suggesting not to go for an automatic one? Thanks

• jatin |05 Jan,2012 02:01:54 AM

Yes the extended warranty is not there for the verna. I feel sorry for the mileage you are getting. Glad i bought the manual one. It gives me 16-18 in city and 20 plus on highways. A friend of mine has an automatic version. He is getting 13 plus in city. You should consult your dealer on this matter.

• Arjun N |14 May,2012 04:30:39 PM

I own a Verna Fluidic 1.6 SX CRDI driven mileage - 35000 kms in 7 months, i am getting consumption of 13.5 in city and 17.5 in highway @ average speed of 130 to 140 km/hr on highways. Ultimate pick up and handling in deep curves, Disadvantage of Verna is only rear Suspension and ground clearance, otherwise i am impressed with Hyundai technology, i have never driven a car like Fluidic Verna in this segment.

Rahul |22 May,2012 12:30:44 PM

hi Arjun,Did you explore and test drive the 1.6 Diesel Auto model while buying manual one? Any exp on Auto model? Thanks

Gunjan |13 Sep,2012 10:38:35 AM

I am planning to buy an automatic variant in C segment. On papers Verna Diesel automatic seems to be a a top contenteder but I have suspicion on two points: 1. Only 4 gears in automatic variant. Theoratically this limits engine to perform and affects milaege. But how is the drive experience? 2. No extended waranty for automatic variant. It appears as if company is also not so confident about their product. Since, the automatic variant is not availale for test drive so I need experienec and expert opinion to decide.

• Dr Shaji S M |10 Dec,2012 09:57:20 PM

planning to buy a Fluidic sx (o) crdi AT near future, what about driving comfort & Maintenance cost,?

• 6t54y54 |10 Mar,2013 08:37:31 PM

its so nice car i ever found for this cost.this gives superb fuel eficiancy