Hyundai Santro Xing

By for Hyundai Santro Xing from guwahati 2011-12-22 15:41:32.0
5 people found it helpful. 2075 ViewsWrite Review
  • Appearance

Pros : pick up, mileage, comfort

Look and Style : is very good, but front side looks little narrow Comfort : is better Pickup : is so good Mileage : 14 in city, 19-20 in highway Best Features : We are now waiting for Santro Xing Diesel Version. If Santro Diesel version launch, definitely Hyundai small car market in India will grown up. Minimum starting price should be 3.7 lac to 3.9 lac and the mileage should also be 19-20 kmpl in city & 25-26 kmpl in highway.

• Saurabh |02 Jan,2012 02:32:47 PM

I've a Hyundai Santro Xing XG bought in March 2005, it has done 38,000 km. A couple of days back when I went for pollution check the car emanated black soot. Today when I took the car again to the service center at Austin Hyundai in Baishanabghata Patuli township in Kolkata black fumes emanated again and the engine oil seemed black as the service advisor indicated. He has taken the car and indicated that an engine overhaul is needed and piston might be needed. The estimate given is Rs. 25k and would take 10 days plus. My thoughts are that at 7 years and 38,000 km, an engine overhaul reflects very poorly on Hyundai Santro. The car has been serviced regularly, the most recent being Sept 2011. I'm trying to get any contact from Hyundai also with whom I can check but to no avail. There website has a form which I've filled but the service center is not listed out there. Anyone experienced in this regard and any suggestions please?

• Amel Reji |18 May,2013 12:39:12 AM

i would like to tell that my santro gives me the worst mileage in the segment.. in petrol it gives 10 kmpl in highway.. with a.c.. i use to put a.c regularly.. i added a lpg kit in the car and now also getting 9kmpl.. yesterday i full with 500 rs lpg (11.65 liter) and ma car get stopped at 100 km with a.c.. that is 9 kmpl in lpg.. how to increase the mileage of it.. plzz any suggestions.. it would help me.. if this is the condition i should take loan to ride ma car.. need a valid suggestion to increase ma mileage ..