Best car but low mileage compared to others

• Appearance

Pros : nice car for family

Its a best car but santro xo is more better in terms of features but i want the same santro with good mileage in petrol as i have santro xo too which gives a mileage of 11-12 (2007 model) but i want santro xo with good mileage

Comments Hyundai Santro Xing
  • hari.g |11 Oct,2010 01:50:12 PM

i am planing to buy a car before december 2010. My confusion is wagon r k series or santro xing, which is better. can you give me a suggession

• neil |12 Oct,2010 07:52:29 PM

go for santro lpg or for ford figo

• ARUNAVA ROY |29 Oct,2010 04:41:04 PM

Well I have been using santro for the last 9 years , it was in 2001 i bought my first santro ( LE ) . After using the car for about over 1 lakh km I bought another santro in 2006 ( XO ) . The second time I had lot of options but I still selected good old Santro . It is a no problem car . The best part of the car is its space and seating position. If someone has back problem it is the ideal car for a long ride or in city traffic . Its high seats are unique. Even today with so many sophisticated cars in the market I would still recommend a Santro for space , comfortable seating position . All other new cars have low seats other than Figo . Santros ERLS engine responds very well in city traffic as well as in high way. The only cons I find these days is that it doesnt have rear power window , rare wiper and defogger in GLS variant . Hyundai should consider to introduce these features in GLS variant in future .

• Vinayak |19 Nov,2010 10:32:28 AM

Hi I would like buy a santro car before the pls let me know the details of it. Like Mentainance,fuel economy etc

neil |07 Jan,2011 06:54:23 PM

itz maintaince is almost to zero fuel economy is 13kmpl n in high itz around 15 or 16kmpl itz nice car nw itz standard is gone down coz it is used by taxidriver too :(

sridhar |24 Jan,2011 10:26:07 PM

recently i talked to a taxi driver... he said Santro is not suitable as a taxi car because of its high fuel consumption...

• CarDekho Team |19 Nov,2010 06:16:24 PM

The Santro is what the Maruti 800 was, cheap to maintain, reliable and very easy to drive and run in city. Its been around for a long time and hence spares are very cheap, its also got a LPG version. Expect efficiency figures of close to 16kmpl on the Santro. You can also demand a much higher discount if you buy the car in Dec due to the change in the production year. Thanks, CarDekho Team

• Akaksh |10 Dec,2010 06:06:16 PM

I am planning to buy a santro xing GLS in this month...but some people told me that its efficiency is not that i am in confusion...but i like the car a lot...please suggest me as soon as possible as am running short of time...

neil |07 Jan,2011 06:56:17 PM

look if u lyk it then go for it bcoz it pretty gud then wagonr but the only thing is ki itz mileage is aprox 13-14 kmpl but maintaince is very low

• Bhaskar |12 Dec,2010 11:33:37 PM

How about Santro GLS LPG version. How is its safety and durability. As the engine has to work on either petrol or LPG, it may not be designed for efficient fuel consumption. Can someone share their experiences on this. Regarding safety measures, I hope LPG version is not good enough when compare to petrol version. Even though it is factory fitted, what is its condition against any accident from back side. Please let me know your experiences/knowledge (

• debjitmaity |10 Mar,2011 04:05:42 PM

Many one are saying that hyundai servicing policy is very bad spare parts are too costly servicing charge is very high now i m confused what should i do?

• Narayanan |11 Mar,2011 04:31:42 PM

Santro will never give more than 11 kms per litre (with AC) in city traffic. Other than this there is no other problem in owning a santro

Hyundai Santro Xing review scorecard