It has been 18 months, I am driving my i20 elite, Sports(O). And it’s a delight to drive the car. I live in Guwahati, Assam, where the traffic condition is very big inside the city. And I often use my car to the nearest city Shillong (Capital of Meghalaya). The road from Guwahati to Shillong is smooth but it’s full of Zig-zags and there is a huge 1500m altitude difference. So, I’ll rate my car based on these two kinds of roads,
Dashboard and Interior
1. Elegant and Sporty looking dashboard. Fit and Finish is premium.
2. Wide and spacious cabin.
3. You’ll have more than enough space and holders for your, Cups and bottles, Sunglasses, Wallets, and mobiles.
4. Cold glove box for your chilled canes.
5. Inbuilt 2-din Audio system is good (though not great). You can pair up to 5 android or iOS devices via Bluetooth to your car music/mobile system. You can easily answer a call from your steering wheel while driving. You also get 1GB of inbuilt memory for your music.
6. Ample leg and head space even for a six feet tall guy. Comfortable front and rear seats with good thigh support. The variable headrest in the rear seats is only available in the top variant.
7. The driver has 20 levels of seat height adjustment. So, it won’t be a problem for you regardless of your height.
8. Rear AC vents take care of comfort of the rear seat passengers.
9. Keyless entry, start-stop button, and many other features, which will make you feel that you really are driving a premium hatchback.
Exterior and other specifications
1. The build quality and paint is truly premium, so the looks.
2. Ground clearance is enough for urban areas.
3. Fuel Efficiency is roughly around 15kmpl when I drive inside Guwahati, it goes beyond 16kmpl when you are on a highway.
4. 285-liter boot space is enough for a small family going out on a vacation. Also, you can always fold the rear seats in 60:40 ratio to fit in something wide and big.
5. Reverse camera for parking ease.
Driving, Engine, and Others
1. When you hold the steering for the first time, the feeling is, it’s just buttery smooth. The steering wheel is smooth and responsive.
2. Suspension is very good, but still not 100% mature.
6. Anti-locking brakes (ABS) for slippery and zigzag roads.
7. Acceleration is good.
1. Rear wiper only comes with the top Asta model. As I am having Sports (O) it’s not equipped with the rear wiper.
2. The rear windows (glasses) are placed in a relatively higher position. Which is a bit uncomfortable for the rear seat passengers.
3. You may feel steering feedback a bit less when you are driving in a zig-zag road. (Like the road from Guwahati to Shillong as I have mentioned above, which is full of zig-zags and have variable altitudes.) Hence, dynamics & steering are very good but not great.
4. Passenger airbags come only with the top variant.
5. No Sunroof, DLRs and automatic wipers with rain sensors.
My Car is Hyundai i20 Sportz 2011 model with Stanley leather seat cove...
The car is very comfortable with sufficient leg space for backseat. Th...
i am a proud owner of i20 since 2012 and have already done 1,30,000 km...
It's all time my favourite car and I really like the rich look of ...
I have been using i20 Sportz model for last 3 years. This car gives yo...
It will help us serve you better content and best deals