Superb Car Just Awesome

• Appearance

Look and Style: Great

Comfort: superb

Pickup: Excellent

Mileage: It's very good I am getting 21kmpl om the highway and 16 Kmpl in the city.

Best Features: Climate controls AC, 6-speed gearbox, a great fuel economy. Its climbs on hills with an ease very powerful engine with less noise. Haven’t had a feeling of driving a diesel car.

Needs to improve: ABS in all diesel variant should be introduced, it's essential for new drivers though for me with 20 years of car driving experience it's not a concern.

Overall Experience: My overall experience with this car is good . Very nice steering, easy to drive in city condition. On Highway, this car is very stable at high speeds. I have driven up to 173km/hr and its stable at that speed. I have driven 3500 km till now on all type of road conditions, its a very good car. Its engine is a gem. Looking at the Interiors you will get a feeling of sitting inside an above 9lakh range sedans. Rear leg room is a big advantage for people sitting in the rear. The boot is sufficient for me. Overall experience is good.

Comments Hyundai Elite i20
  • George Samuel |14 May,2011 10:03:18 PM

Do i20 units vary from one another so much. You report mileage of 21 while some others 8-10 only? Which version i20 you use, I will go for that.

priyangshu |15 May,2011 10:22:46 AM

Its i20 crdi diesel one.In petrol version you will not get that mileage.petrol i20 give 10 to 12 in petrol i donot think it will give 8km per liter in petrol variants also. Also millage depends in style of driving.As per car dekho its 23km per liter for diesel versions but i am getting 21. I am using i20 CRDI magna.

George Samuel |20 May,2011 11:35:08 AM

Thank you and the rest for their comments. Appreciate if you could comment on one more question. My car usage is likely to be around 7000 KM a year with some months unused I being abroad. Due to mileage advantage and resale value I would prefer buying a diesel car. In my situation is there any technical factor for which I should prefer petrol car to diesel car ? Any particular care procedure I should follow when diesel car left unused for few months while I am abroad ? Appreciate your advise.

• CarDekho Team |14 May,2011 10:05:52 PM

There are a lot of factor's that sum up in getting a good or a bad mileage, maintenance of the car, driving style, gear shifting, fuel quality, traffic conditions etc.

• junaid |15 May,2011 02:16:05 AM

I have also brought i20 with 6 gears i like this car very much haven't used it mostly but would love to drive this car on express highways and take it to in kashmir i can only make a maximum of 120kmph the only thing that i disliked is music system at 7.5 lac it should have been DVD player not a CD player rest everything is ok...

priyangshu |15 May,2011 10:25:31 AM

I too agree in top versions music system should be dvd player. But its ok for me as i am using magna version. It cost 6.22 lakh. Usb port inbuilt in music system is an advantage.

gourav kumar |02 Mar,2015 10:45:59 PM