Read if you belong to a middle class family

By for Hyundai Elite i20 2016-07-12 00:45:51.0
  • Appearance

If you are about to purchase Hyundai car this review will definitely help you a lot to make your final decision. Don't go ahead just by seeing Hyundai car's flashy exteriors and good internal features. These are not something which you will see on a long run. I have been using Hyundai i20 for more than 3 years and drove around 50,000 Kms. The worst thing about Hyundai cars is that they have only spent on flashy exteriors and interiors but don't have anything in their engine. This car provides one of the worst engines performance and mileages as compared to same segment cars from other brands like Maruti Suzuki, Ford and Volkswagen. During the purchase of my car, the sales representative told me that this car will easily give you an average of 14 kmpl in city and 16 kmpl on highways. I was fine with these numbers. Even city average of 13kmpl and highway average of 15 kmpl was acceptable to me. But this car can't give me an average of more than 11.5 in city run and 13.5 on the highway run. Trust me on this, I drive very well (I have driven cars to Leh, Kaza and many other difficult terrains as well as one of the best roads in India like Yamuna Expressway), no one can get an average of more than 13.5 kmpl with this car. If you don’t believe me then ask the sales representative to show you “KPL” test of the car in front of you. I am very sure, he will not entertain you much after this and will not take you on “KPL” test. Trust me this average will make you feel betrayed till the time you will use this car and go for refuelling. Recently I have launched a serious complaint to Hyundai customer support and found that Hyundai does not claim their car average (mileage) on their official website. Whereas other equivalent car brands like Maruti Suzuki and Volkswagen  do claim the car average (see it yourself on the official websites under the performance tab and then by selecting the engine type i.e. petrol or diesel). After checking this, anyone can understand why Hyundai is not claiming any mileage for their engines on their official websites. And one more thing after your complaints, the customer support will surely call you and do some random checks or will provide you free service but again, in the end, this will never solve your purpose.