One Of The Best Premium Hatchback Car

• Appearance

Before I start my review let me tell you that Hyundai I20 is the best Indian premium hatchback car you know I have purchased this car in last year July, and now almost one year my car has driven approx 90,000 km but still the car performance is very good, look wise and performance wise it is the best car. In the city, the diesel engine mileage is approx 20 Kmpl. It has got impeccable styling, marvellous looks, very smooth ride and handling.

Design - Exterior - The liquid-like design flows from bumper to bumper and looks so classy. The gear shifting is very smooth and easy and can be shifted just by using the two fingers. However, the reverse gear shifting is not so placid and takes some time to get used to it. The ride and handling of the car are excellent and gives you a feel that you are driving on water provided roads are good to drive. It takes about 12-15 seconds to get to 100 Kmph speed. Being a diesel car, it is currently giving me the mileage of 20kmpl with AC and I am sure it would increase after the three service and the more I drive it. Everyone who has had a ride in my car and sits on the rear seat has been praising about the space and comfort of the car. Well done to the makers in this department. The Elite i20 gets all the features available on the old car with new additions like the steering adaptive parking assist, lane change indicator, inbuilt service reminder and rear air-con vents. The three-spoke steering wheel gets integrated audio and Bluetooth controls. It gets a height adjustable driver's seat, 2-Din audio system with 1 GB internal memory, climate control system, cooled glovebox, cruise control, reverse parking assist, gear shift indicator and electro-chromatic rear view mirror. The top-end Asta features automatic headlights, rear wash and wipe, clutch lock and a second power outlet. The boot capacity of 285 litres is the second best in the segment after the Polo which has a capacity of 294 litres. Engine and Gearbox. The Elite i20 gets the same petrol and diesel engines from the previous car. The petrol is a four-cylinder 1.2-litre Kappa engine producing 83bhp and 113Nm of torque mated to a five-speed manual gearbox. The diesel variant is powered by the 1.4-litre CRDI mill churning out 89bhp and 219Nm of torque mated to a six-speed manual gearbox.

Comments Hyundai Elite i20