Hyundai i20 Diesel Just Drive It Once

By for Hyundai i20 2008-2010 from Bangalore 2009-07-10 12:54:51.0
  • Appearance

Pros : good features, stylish, comfortable

Cons : no

After taking the test drive of this vehicle what attracted me towards it most is its hassle free and smooth drive. The new reverse gear system is adding more colours to its performance. Inside space in the model is sufficient and a six feet tall man can easily drive the car and at the same time, the back seat space in the is good. Besides this, the new Hyundai i20 diesel model has a good pick up and you can't miss it if you are driving it. Addition to this the Hyundai i20 model has a superbly designed dashboard which has all new generation features in it.

• abhishek pal |28 Mar,2010 04:24:30 PM

Please confirm the following Interior Dimensions : Front Headroom Front Legroom Rear Headroom Rear Legroom Email : abhi_841@rediffmail.com

Eldho Varghese |01 Feb,2015 11:04:51 PM

a perfect Family car

• Harsh |24 Apr,2010 08:58:53 AM

Today i test drive the i20 sportz... i really very impress with the performance and luxury inside the car... switch on the engine and the car cruze. there is no any noise inside the cabin when u close the doors. The interior are on the top in this segment. I also TD Punto

• Bhagat Tanaji Ramdas |26 May,2010 05:23:35 PM

i've booked i20 asta crdi with full and final amount at Sharayu Motors, Navi Mumbai on 05th May but till now they are not giving delivery b'coz its Euro iv and 6 gear version so i've to wait till 10th of june i'm very eager to drive it.

• yuvpreet |22 Aug,2010 06:05:05 PM

pl, confirm about defoger weather avilable or not

xyz |04 Mar,2011 02:38:01 PM

Available on front and back window both..

aadil wani |17 Oct,2011 12:00:02 PM

yeah dude it is available

• Arun Mahanta |10 Sep,2010 11:48:07 PM

i am going to book a i20 era (diesel). pls tell me about its perfomance

Laja |09 Feb,2011 09:43:00 PM

What is the mileage you get in diesel and also the petrol version.

• Peter |04 Oct,2010 01:57:30 AM

I test drived i20 sportz today and I've fallen in love with this beauty - look, comfort, features/gadgets, smoothness, space etc. But I believe one has to compromise on the performance and mileage which, in my view, is very crucial for a car in this segment/price range ;(

• Ramesh |17 Oct,2010 10:55:21 AM

In diesel variant,anyone can confirm the average mileage in city and highway.

aadil wani |17 Oct,2011 12:01:12 PM

it is 20 plus in economy......

• Santanu Mohanty |17 Oct,2010 02:54:49 PM

I want to know which one is better - Scoda fabia DLS or Hyunai i20 Asta Dls. Anybody there who can suggest me?

kfasljdf |04 Mar,2011 02:40:06 PM

Scoda Fabua Diesel is 1200 cc and Hyundai I20 Asta Dis is 1400 cc. Huge difference in performance

• kalpesh |03 Nov,2010 09:25:19 PM

I WILL BOOK I20 CRDI ASTA. CAR IS SEXY, SPORTY,LOOK BUT HUNDAI CO WAS NOT INTRESTED SOLD I20 CAR IN INDIA.BECOUSE DEALAR SAYS 4 MONTHS WAITING THIS IS NOT FAIR. SO I WILL DESIDE FORD FIESTA EXI LTD CAR THIS CAR IS REAALY GOOD AND CO WARRANTY 100000 KM. MAINTANCE FREE CAR WHAT IMAGINE

• Anoop |04 Nov,2010 09:57:53 AM

Go for FIAT EMOTION DISEL MULTIJET ENGINE, If you are conscious about the money are spending.Initial cost, Spares cost,features and Millege wise Punto is better than i20. Great Car getting a millage of 20Km/Ltr(with AC) FIAT EMOTION DISEL MULTIJET ENGINE rocks.Leaving back all the plastic parts issues, Rest everything is perfect. Great Engine Ample Power,great comfort in seats and space. Bluetooth technology is also very good I connect my E73 to my car, it pairs once i get into my car and its my world inside my car. Great Blaupunkt Speakers. A Car for India roads..Shock absorbers are superb. Great value for money car.

• Toufeeq Baba |04 Feb,2011 12:49:34 AM

I want to buy magna 1.4 crdi please suggest what is the exact mileage of i20 in dieseal version.

rakesh taneja |10 Apr,2011 05:05:10 PM

very good decision... my i20 magna diesel average is 17-19... comfortable sexy........

Ranjib |19 Mar,2012 09:49:21 PM

Hi Toufeeq, If you are looking for a diesel car, then i20 is a very good option. But petrol i20 is little under-powered.I have i20 diesel and i have driven 6300 kms till now. What an amazing experience. It feels like a sedan. the dashboard is blue LED illuminating, fully digital with a host of features. Fantastic power & pick -up, good space, large boot,Stunning looks decent mileage in city 15-17km and on the highway 18-21kms. You can close your eyes and buy i20 diesel. If you don't require ABS and AIRBAGS(Asta model), than Magna model is enough. Sportz model has 1 airbag, bluetooth and steering mounted audio controls. Magna has 4 power windows, automatic climate control, tilt steering , music system.. so hope you can decide now. Ranjib , Guwahati, Assam

hp singh |09 Sep,2012 04:59:30 PM

20 plus on highways

• rishi tyagi |18 Feb,2011 03:14:13 PM

what is the cost of i20 era diesel

CarDekho Team |18 Feb,2011 03:24:05 PM

Dear User, As per your query, the price of Hyundai i20 era diesel is Rs 5,75,759*(ex-showroom New Delhi).For exact quotation please contact your nearest dealer. For further assistance and better deal you can send us your contact number on our id contact@cardekho.com and one of our auto expert will assist you. Thank You.

• bonY_m |22 Mar,2011 05:10:22 AM

hi every one.. i want to chose a car for my parents. They barely use it..may be 20 km in a week.. so, stuck with the petrol version.. We statrted considering Chevy Beat LT(o) at first.. then vame Ford Figo titanium (petrol).. then VW polo comfortline (petrol) and later it was Hyundai i20 sports petrol.. seriously confused among these.. swift was ommited coz of its common nature.. Fabia was out of question due to its expensive maintenance... Pls do advice me on this problem.. my contact num is 9656666080.... thnku...

DINESH |13 Jun,2011 08:05:53 AM

The pickup of i20 is very poor in city condition. It will be better to go for i-10 in place of i-20 for less journey.

• DINESH |13 Jun,2011 08:02:48 AM

The pick up of diesel i20 is very good with 1400 cc engine when compare with skoda, Maruti swift, vokeswagon. The price of vehicle is very high and not worth for hatchback car also the resale value of diesel car is very poor

• Anoop |07 Jul,2011 11:23:41 AM

Try FIAT Punto Diesel, you will love it.Feature Rich and Good Mileage also..

• Rahul Saini |17 Aug,2011 03:34:41 PM

my i20 is must giving 16kmpl of of mielage plz suggest me.....

• Ashish Kumar Mitra |12 Sep,2011 07:10:02 AM

I have been driving an i20 for the last two years .On the highways it appears to be slightly underpowered and it's petrol consumption is on the higher side.

• vaibhav |22 Sep,2011 08:04:27 PM

hi i am planning to buy a diesel car in the 6-6.5 lac range.i have shortlisted maruti swift and i20. i wanted to know about the mileage and any recurring maintenance expenses in both these cars. my average car running is around 2500kms in city in kolkata. any sincere advise is appreciated thanks

• Jayaprakash |31 Oct,2011 10:53:42 AM

hi i am planning to buy a diesel car in the 6 - 7 lac range.i have shortlisted maruti swift and i20. i wanted to know about the mileage and any recurring maintenance expenses in both these cars. I would drive just 600 kms per month. Pls tell me which one should i prefer. Occasionally i go to my hometown which is some 400Kms from Chennai.

R Das |10 Dec,2011 10:25:05 AM

Mileage of i20 diesel is 22 in highway and 17-18 in city. Spacious interiors can accommodate your entire family easily giving a comfortable ride. i20 crdi is powerful and fuel efficient. Go for it. Don't even consider i20 petrol, its under powered having i10 kappa engine.I have booked i20 magna diesel , would be getting delivery within 3-4 days.

• Rannjib |09 Dec,2011 04:13:13 PM

Just close ur eyes and go for the i20 diesel. Good space, premium feeling of a sedan, lot of features, fantastic mileage, stunning looks ,large bootspace and Hyundai service. what else do you want? some say it is pricy! dear if you need all of those i mentioned, let loose your wallet.

sudeep kuimar |16 Dec,2011 02:38:13 PM

hi ranjit tell me more about i20 sportz performance, did u own i20 if so tell me ur experience with i20

ranjib |05 Feb,2012 04:15:06 PM

i20 sportz has additional features like indicators on ORVM, steering mount audio control,bluetooth, fog lamps etc.chrome finish on steering wheel etc.with driver airbag. but no ABS or passenger airbags. I OWN I20 DIESEL Magna and drove around 4000 kms so far. Fantastic pickup in low and high gears, great in city as well as highway, good mileage 15 in the city and 18 on the highway ,may improve after 2nd servicing.overall great car. apart from the stated features, no difference between sportz and magna. Same engine, same performance.Petrol i 20 is underpowered.i20 diesel is far far better than swift ,figo,vista,or liva..i tried all of them but i20 crdi is the king....

s t balu |11 Sep,2013 09:34:51 PM

thank you for your good opinion about I 20 i will soon buy this car Magna optional model

• sudeep kuimar |16 Dec,2011 02:36:27 PM

hi i have shortlisted i20 sportz diesel and swift vdi plz tell me which one is better in all features

chetan |17 Jan,2012 08:02:02 PM

Go for i20 sportz diesel

• R Das |05 Feb,2012 04:28:49 PM

SWIFT VDI IS GOOD BUT I20 DIESEL IS LOT LOT BETTER IN ALL TERMS. ACTUALLY COMPARISON BETWEEN THE TWO IS WRONG. I20 DIESEL IS MORE POWERFUL,SPACIOUS,FEATURE ORIENTED, MORE BOOTSPACE, MORE LUXURIOUS THAN SEWIFT BUT PRICE IS A BIT HIGH DEAR.. IF BUDGET PERMITS, GO AHEAD WITH I20 SPORTZ/ ASTA/MAGNA CRDI..

• abhiamanyu |15 Feb,2012 07:07:20 PM

I am using I20 Asta CRDI for past 1 year. My daily running is 50KM ...Trust me guys this car is worth every rupee it costs...great comfort awesome interiors...very stable on highway on high speed...It returns me 17km/Lt in city and 20km/Lt on highways highest millage i got till now is 23KM/Lt...highest speed of mine in this car is 160KM/Hr...I used swift diesel also it is also good but it has some breaking problem it does not stop at high speed it just skids and there is the way diff in the driving experience of both the cars...only problem i found in this car is that its interior tend to become dirty which is almost impossible to clean....otherwise no other car in its seg beats I20 diesel :)

Sandeep |03 Jan,2014 01:48:06 AM

Dude, its cruises upto 190 kmph.. mine is i20 Sportz...

• sanjiv |04 Mar,2012 01:42:10 AM

I am planning to buy I-20 Diesel Magna. Please advise on mileage and any maintenance issues.

Ranjib |19 Mar,2012 09:55:15 PM

Hi SANJIV, If you are looking for a diesel car, then i20 is a very good option. But petrol i20 is little under-powered.I own an i20 diesel magna and i have driven 6300 kms till now. What an amazing experience. It feels like a sedan. the dashboard is blue LED illuminating, fully digital with a host of features. Fantastic power & pick -up, good space, large boot,Stunning looks decent mileage in city 15-17km and on the highway 18-21kms. You can close your eyes and buy i20 diesel. If you don't require ABS and AIRBAGS(Asta model), than Magna model is enough. Sportz model has 1 airbag, bluetooth and steering mounted audio controls. Magna has 4 power windows, automatic climate control, tilt steering , music system.. so hope you can decide now. Ranjib , Guwahati, Assam

• Ayananshu |12 Jun,2012 12:38:44 AM

Confused between i20 asta diesel and swift desire zdi. Need your valuable suggestion. Although the length of both the cars is same, which 1 should I go in for.

• Shahajirao Galgate |06 Jul,2012 01:13:56 PM

I am much confused with Swift VDI & New Gen i-20 Era crdi.My 60 % driving is in city and rest on Highways. Pls. Suggest.

• K.S.RANA |09 May,2013 09:27:43 AM

i want to buy hyundai i 20 sports tell me about its performance

• harish |28 Mar,2014 12:42:49 AM

Hi friends, I am planning to buy a hatchback, monthly running around 1000 km but unable to decide to go for petrol or diesel and in cars swift or I 20. And also want to know the maintenance cost for both diesel/petrol and swift/I-20 in terms of breakdown, servicing, spare parts costs etc. Plz help me in deciding, Thanx in advance.

• Eldho Varghese |01 Feb,2015 11:03:33 PM

Superb review. Hw the diesel feels any problems like lags n sound problems? N whatz abt city milege?