Elite i20- The Best

By for Hyundai Elite i20 2016-08-15 09:34:34.0
45 people found it helpful. 1965 ViewsWrite Review
  • Appearance

My name is Kabir Bahree. I am writing this review to share with all of you a review on my car, which I recently purchased. It’s the Elite i20, the car which received the Indian Car Of The Year (ICOTY) award for the year 2015. I had a Swift which was petrol but then my office shifted to Greater Noida so I required a diesel car. Meanwhile, my wife also required a car. So we decided that I will give my Swift to my wife and I will purchase the Elite. My son suggested this car to me and I am very happy with my decision on purchasing this car. I purchased it in early August this year.

The exterior look very stylish. They look unique and look like a great craftsman’s job. They are very eye-catching. The diamond-cut alloy wheels do suit it. The front grill looks very well designed and so are the tail lamps. The chrome door handles look very premium.

The interior is a work of art. It comes with a dual tone interior (colour combination of beige and black). They add a got ambience to the interior and does not look dull. The seats are also well ventilated and provide good support in the front as well as the rear. This car comes loaded with features. The Elite comes with rear AC vents which are enjoyed a lot by the people at the rear. There is lots of legroom for the people at the rear. There are many storage places so you don’t have to worry about the storage. The Elite’s instrument cluster looks smart and gives plenty of information. In the centre (between the rev counter and speedometer) you get an accurate speedometer which tells you exact figures like 67, 58, 23 etc. This feature is not yet available in any car of its segment except the Elite. The dashboard is also made of good quality plastics and looks nice. The silver trim looks perfect with the dual tone interior.

The engine capacity is very good. It’s a 1.4-litre diesel engine with a 6-speed (front) manual gearbox. Hyundai is also planning to launch a new automatic version shortly. I am getting a very good mileage of 16-18 km/ litre right now but now, I will wait till the winters come and then witness the winter mileage. I am assuming about 19-20 Km/ litre for the winters.

Sometimes my colleagues also come along with me in my car and they really enjoy the ride. There is a running commentary on my car when they come along with me. All the comments that I heard were very pleasing and were feeling a very proud owner of the i20. It's the best car its segment. It truly deserves to receive the ICOTY award.