Its my Road runner- Hyundai i20 Sports

By for Hyundai i20 2015-2017 2016-11-07 11:53:07.0
  • Appearance

Hyundai around the world is looked as a cheap car manufacturer, maybe because of its origin from Asia :/, but is it really what people think it is? Absolutly no!!

Back in 2012, i was confused between Maruti Dzire and i20. I had a tough time zeroing on my purchase, and no price for guessing, i went with Hyundai.

Interiors:

For 7 Lakhs, Hyundai loaded this car with everything what you ever dreamed of. A reverse camera with sensor, Automatic wipers, Auto folding side mirrors, USB, AUX, BLUETOOTH, STEERING MOUNTED CONTROLS, Plush seats, Charging port, ABS with EBD, Alloys, Air bags etc. Swift top end didn't have even 50% of features mentioned above, and I am just talking about i20 Sports and not Asta.

At first, I somewhere doubted that these features will soon stop functioning, as they were giving way too much for the price point (Even honda city didn't had all these features, like reverse camera, auto wipers etc) but to my surprise even with such heavy use, it still works great.

Exterior:

The built quality is top notch, it can surely be amongst with the likes of Volkswagen, Fiat etc. The Paint hasn't worn out in 5 years, it still looks like new.

Performance:

Talking about performance, I wish car should have been a bit lighter and a bit more powerful. Hill climb in 2nd gear is a pain, it just won't climb.. You have to be in 1st. (You can climb in 2nd gear with your AC off). On the highway, the car is very stable and gives confidence to the driver. It does have some body rolls if you take it fast around the corner. Due to its off suspension setup, the car bounces if you go over a uneven surface at some speed. Initially, it was a terror, but now I am used to it.

Braking is top notch, and ABS is responsive too. Heavy braking over cornering won't make you praying for your life, it will stop where you want it to be stopped.

Gears are smooth, all paddles are nicely placed, with and additional leg rest just next to clutch, giving your feet some chill time. Road visibility can be better, A pillar usually comes in between if you are turning right, and so you have to adjust yourself to get a clear view.

In traffic too, the car moves nicely with less stress on your legs and arms, thanks to its lite steering wheel and gears.

Service

I am so happy, that in almost 5 years of ownership I have never had any mechanical or electronic problem. Also, the servicing will burn a hole in your pocket. The servicing cost lesser than the cost i incurred while servicing my Honda CBR 250R, can you beat that? The spare parts are cheap. Yes, some parts are very expensive e.g Wiper blades for Rs.2000 a pair.. whattt???

The service center people are nice and friendly and will redo work if you are not happy with the work they have done.

The spare parts are easily available too, Shout out to Hyundai's distributorship.

In all, I am thoroughly satisfied with Hyundai (The car & the service) and my next purchase would definitely be a Hyundai.