Hyundai i10 LPG : A Value For Money Hatchback

By for Hyundai i10 from Chennai 2011-12-03 17:57:15.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Stylish and comfortable.

Cons : Engine is not so smooth.

Look and Style : I was looking to buy a car but the increasing fuel prices were my major concern. When I heard that Hyundai has launched the LPG variant of its hatch Hyundai i10. I thought it might be the solution to my problem. Being enthusiastic I went to the showroom of Hyundai and underwent the test drive of this new LPG variant. When I looked at the hatch I found a resemblance with the petrol variant on the exterior front. Comfort Looking at the comfort of the car, this new variant continues to deliver the same luxury and comfort as of its petrol variant.

Hyundai facilitates the user with both petrol and LPG tank in this variant. The pick up of Hyundai i10 LPG is very descent.

Mileage : Hyundai claims that this LPG variant will offer a mileage of 14.0 km/kg on the city roads condition and 19.0km/kg on the highways.

Best Features : The best feature that I like the most is that it comes with easy petrol to LPG manual shift that offers customers a unique combination of reliable performance and unmatched fuel economy. Apart from this, like other variants, this hatch also offers the same high standard of safety and security features.

Needs to improve : Though the engine is fuel efficient but I feel that it is not so smooth like other engines.

Overall Experience : In a nutshell, Hyundai i10 LPG is a very good product of Hyundai where the car petrol prices are at an all-time high. The LPG tank makes it pocket-friendly and an affordable hatchback.

• chanakya |03 Dec,2011 08:41:42 PM

I think its better to go for Diesel Figo, Beat or the Vista.

Anil |16 Dec,2011 10:36:47 AM

I intend to buy i 10 LPG . I request you to please advise me your valuable view if i should proceed to purchase this car. ur prompt reply will enable me to take correct decision. Currently i am using Indica V2 since 7 yrs. tks.. Anil

chanakya |19 Dec,2011 11:01:41 AM

The i10 LPG is only available in two variants. Its top end does not have the LPG variant. Since you are already a customer of the tata family, I suggest you to go for the Tata Vista Vx Quadrajet. Its on road pricing is 6.5 lacs. It comes fully loaded with steering mounted controls, Abs and many other features. If you want to go for car away from tatas, go for Figo. Its a cool car and offers best value for money after the vista. If you want a stylish funky hatch, go for the Beat. The Vista offers the best value for money. The problem with LPG is you can get this fuel only in the cities. You have to run on petol when on long drive. And it occupies the boot completely. All the best.

shayu |28 Mar,2012 08:31:53 PM

i think u shoul buy Santro GLS LPG...milleage on lpg[15km/kg on highways]

SSS |28 Jun,2012 05:42:01 PM

Only 10 KMPL mileage

PRAKASAM |03 Sep,2012 04:00:04 PM

Recently i bought a new i10 lpg car and it gives 8 km/kg in city and 12 km/kg in highway. very worst milage. go far diesel car.

RAJESH |25 Dec,2011 12:21:18 PM

DUDE BEAT IS A WORST CAR.............SO ACCORDING TO MY VIEW BEAT IS NOT GOOD IN MANY ASPECTS................SO YOU BETTER GO FOR I10 AN XcELLENT HATCHBACK TO BUY GOOD IN MILEAGE,FEATURES,INTERIOR IS GOOD SO GO WITH I10ASTA MANUAL

hemanta |13 Apr,2012 03:24:52 PM

kindly provide the fuel tank capacity i.e petrol tank capacity in i10 lpg 1.1

• G.SRINIVASULU |06 Dec,2011 12:28:50 PM

what is the cost of hyundai i10 lpg in hydeabad. launching date

• dinesh kumar |07 Dec,2011 02:14:33 PM

Your right chanakya those three cars are the most fuel economy car, even though i10 launches with LPG it is waste of buying it, while where we get the same features (or more) and more mileage in diesel cars and safety are good and maintenance also good in that diesel.

• Satyanarayana Murthy |08 Dec,2011 02:39:16 PM

what about Bootspace? where does the Gas Tank got placed? After the tank, how much space is left out?

• a.eathirraja |09 Dec,2011 08:14:33 PM

Pl. let me know about its performance and mileage and why should we go for this model.

• prashant |11 Dec,2011 07:35:00 PM

less LPG stations and incresing LPG prices cause of concern disel cars best options currently

• Balasubramaniyam |12 Dec,2011 01:32:46 PM

you are 200% right mr. dineshkumar, i 10 is absolutely waste car worst mileage,also some problem in the gear box while shifting gear some noise are coming, but when we going to buy this that sale people were giving worng committment says i 10 is the indias no 1 milage car. i am strongly recommaning pls dont not buy. better go by other maker.

• Rajeev |12 Dec,2011 03:23:05 PM

Do Hyundai offer company fitted LPG kits to existing models.. is so it will be good as we are suffering from poor mileage

• rajan |12 Dec,2011 04:01:00 PM

Its a value for car if we compare with other LPG manufacturers..

• mani |13 Dec,2011 07:58:40 AM

Yes, it comes with a company fitted LPG kit and mileage around 12-13 for both variants..Best car in the current market

• Tommie |13 Dec,2011 02:29:30 PM

Sick Review. No details available. What is the additional price tag in comparison with the equivalent petrol model. How much of boot space is compromised.

• MAMI |13 Dec,2011 09:38:32 PM

I visited hyundai today and vehicle looks pretty good with a decent price tag

• u.k.chatterjee |19 Jan,2012 10:09:18 AM

should I go for cng or disel , pl advise.

• amay |22 Jan,2012 01:57:46 AM

Hi, I m planning to buy i10 era lpg... Should I buy it or not plz advice me...

• madesha.m |03 Feb,2012 04:38:21 PM

dear friends i am planning to buy i10 era lpg.is that good one or not.plz advice me 9986373604

• santosh |07 Feb,2012 04:16:24 PM

I purchased this car last month...I m getting very poor mileage...not exceeding 8 km/liter in LPG...what can i do???will the mileage will improve after 1st service??

banerjee |13 Apr,2012 03:37:25 PM

I just bought the car its just three days old. I am getting only 7km/litre mileage in LPG and sometime a whistle sound comes. What's your present mileage after ist service. Thanks Regards Banerjee

• harish |08 Feb,2012 12:10:14 PM

pls advice me to take a car of 4-5 lakhs. but this the first time so i need rough use of it. I have totally confused due to this.Pls u advice me in correct valuable car

• Kishan |08 Feb,2012 11:46:50 PM

What is the actual mileage for 1.1Magna LPG both for Petrol and LPG..Can anyone provide the actual measures as I am planning to buy

• Sreedhar |13 Feb,2012 12:44:34 PM

I have purchased this car last month and drove around 1500KM so far...I am getting around 8.5 9km/liter in Bangalore City ...but in the Long drive getting around 16KM/liter. only can conclude on milage after the 1 or 2nd service.

Kishan |16 Feb,2012 04:33:32 PM

Hey Sreedhar, can u elaborate the mileage of petrol and LPG with your experience? Appreciate your update and reason being, I am planning to buy but 2012 LPg cost is very high

vishal |05 Mar,2012 05:58:13 PM

sir should I go for i10 Magna LPG ,my daily travel will be 80 km hence I'm looking for mileage

• vishal |05 Mar,2012 05:53:09 PM

planning to buy i10 ,magna LPG , please afvise on millage & performance.

• chandrsekhar |20 Mar,2012 02:24:49 PM

Hi Friends, I took the i-10 Magna LPG/Petrol version last 3 months back.Please see my below comments. Mileage: 8KM in LPG and 8 KM in Petrol. Pickup: worst in LPG/worst in Petrol as well. Maintenance: As every one knows...hyundai cars are expensive once. Friends,I do not suggest to buy this car...plz think twice before u purchase this car.I am really sad with poor performance. Better you go for Maruthi Ritze..while u get the same prize of hyndai i-10. Regards, Sekhar

• Prashanth Prabhu |21 Mar,2012 06:27:30 PM

Hi all, I am also considering buying a LPG.. favorite options are i10 and wagon R LPG versions. but am hearing varied feedback on both. i have a ritz now and gives 11.5-12 km mileage in BLR city. any advice?

• varinder |27 Mar,2012 06:52:39 PM

Hello All, is it safe to run lpg i10 on long drive ?

• Suman |09 Apr,2012 02:32:48 PM

Hello Friends, Here I'm to share my views on i10 lpg version. Ran about 4000Km till date, my car gives me 16 Km/l in lpg on highways (without Ac) and 14.5 Km/l with Ac. Till now I 'm satisfied with the vehicle performance and found there is no pick-up or speed issue in lpg when compared to petrol usage.

jain |15 Jul,2012 08:41:44 AM

HAy Suman can i know the petrol mileage n also Lpg mileage on hi-way of i10, bcos i am willing to buy it in a MOnth.

• karan |25 Apr,2012 10:56:53 PM

hi friends now i am planing to buy a new i10 lpg can i purchase it? tell me.

• ashish |17 May,2012 11:53:28 AM

hi friends which i have to choose between honda brio pdtrol and i 10 lpg.

• sampathramreddy |03 Jun,2012 10:35:05 AM

Looking at the comments i am confused whether to buy i10 LPG version or not? Or should i go for Swift Petrol car?

• jain |30 Oct,2012 06:22:41 PM

Can i know whts the mileage on lpg driving...