Hyundai Grandi10 : A Grand-affair :)

By for Hyundai Grand i10 2016-11-06 16:55:30.0
  • Appearance

Background: I was looking for a car mostly for the Weekends ride and sometime maybe for the office commuting. I had a budget of around 5-6 lacs and my preferences were very clear: decent mileage/service network/safety and of course good looks ;)

I shortlisted the figo and Brio first, but later on after the test drive and full feature comparison i settled with the Grand i10 a.k.a my "Night Fury" ;)

In short, i can say:

G-gorgeous

R-responsive

A-all rounder

N-nimble

D-dependable

Features: (best of all in this segment)

-Foldable ORVM

-Music system with 1GB memory

-Reverse car parking sensor

-ABS+Airbags

-Rear Wiper

-Defogger

-rear AC vent

-mobile charger point in front and back.

-Steering mounted controls.

Looks: (looks are subjective)

Chunky tail lights with the big front grill were enough to give the Cute yet macho looks :)

The best part lies inside the car, as cockpit with the blue lights and perfectly placed equipements makes you feel home.

Mileage: (won't disappoint ever)

As per ARAI claimed, it's around 19 kmpl. I could easily get 15-16 kmpl on the highway with constant speeds.

In city, it drops to 10-12 kmpl also (partially bangalore traffic to blame for)

Service:(Always around the corner)

Hyundai has done the amazing job to spread the service Network, so you don't have to struggle to find one.

Luckily i have 1 near my home and 2 near to my office, so i always have the option open.

One tip: Hyundai service engineers may try to increase your bill by adding several unwanted things/replacements, so make sure you cross check twice.

Power: In city or Highway, it wont dissapoint you for sure. Although i felt it was struggling for the power when i took it for a ride to Avalbetta Hills.(maybe because of some stretch was made of concrete rather than tar).

I also feel its gear ratio is not as smooth as Swift or i20, because of which 1st to 2nd gear is quite jerky.

Space: It has decent read seat and boot space. Four people makes the journey comfortable rather than five grown ups. Boot space is more than enough to carry the weekend grocery shopping or long weekend getaway with 2 large bags.

Handling: car feels stable even on triple digits even at 120km/h. Steering is light and give enough feedback. Suspension is neither bad nor good good, it's just OK.

Upgrades: Stock equipements works well, but there are few things i were unhappy with.

1.Horn:i upgraded to mida one, which sounds like Skoda.

2.Headlamps:I upgraded to Osram Night Breaker for better visibility with color temperature of 4300K for better looks.

3.I got the 3M roof cover too, for the sporty looks :D Along with the reflecting tape on the rims of alloy wheels and on the side profile too for better night visibility.

Attached are some of snapshots of my Night Fury :)

Conclusion: It a very good Family car which can be used for the City commuting as well as long rides.

As it comes with AT now, so it makes city driving less tiring.

FYI: After i bought this car, my two cousins bought the same as they were impressed by the overall package too :)