Rating of Hyundai Grand i10 2016-2017

A
Arnab Gupta
for Sportz
On: Aug 02, 2016 | 131 Views

It's been a week since I've purchased the Grand i10 sportz , petrol variant and I can proudly say that I made a very good decision.

Looks impressive just like other Hyundai cars, low ride quality is good, clutch feels light, steering response is good, at highway speed it feels stable, front seats are very comfortable, audio playback quality is amazing, overall fit and finish are good, boot space is sufficient, rear AC vents is an unexpected gift for this segment, good overall build quality. Simple and economic. It produces a fuel efficiency of 14 Kmpl on the highway and 12-13 Kmpl on city traffic. Rear AC is a good feature. Reverse parking sensors also a good feature and in third gear, it produces a nice pickup.

I just want to advise all those who are considering to buy Tiago over Grand , just to save those extra thousands. But believe me, its way better than Tiago. I have driven Tiago and it's nowhere close to what it feels inside the Grand.

You feel like riding on butter and do feel grand with the interiors packed with features that are actually useful. Five stars for safety and engine quality.

When I got into the car for the first time, my immediate impression was that there are no visible signs of any cost cutting. Interiors look very pleasing to eye wth the dual tone colours. All 4 windows are automatic. Auto adjusts of OVRMs through a joystick control is a superb feature. The amount of space in this car is amazing. I don't know how Hyundai has managed to do this. Storage space in all 4 doors. Rear AC is a great feature which no other car has in this segment. Govt. has banned tint films so this AC vent at back will be a very useful feature. Space for keeping God idols on the dash. There are many other tiny features, I can't write all, which will make you go wow!

My final verdict: it's definitely a classy car than swift, look and feel of both interior and exterior is excellent and loaded with features which are very useful at times. If you are not to much concerned on mileage I would highly recommend this car. Otherwise, maintenance & service cost is no difference from swift.

Ask yourself whether you want to buy the Swift only because you save a little in fuel and a little better comfort on bumpy roads or Grand i10 which is a lot better and futuristic in all other ways.

The grand i10 is sleek and not unnecessarily bulky like swift, this helps very much in Gurgaon especially in a small road where cars are tightly parked on the either side of the roads or in city main roads on bumper to bumper traffic.

Its fantastic car for regular city drive and very good for a high way drive as well.

Note: if you are drive freak who often cross 100Kmph mark on the highway, I re-commend you to get ABS for better safety and confidence. For others, it's a fine car.

In a nutshell , I am in love with my new Grand i10. Five stars.

Other Grand i10 2016-2017 Reviews