Cheated

By for Hyundai EON 2013-07-02 22:03:24.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Style

Cons : Mileage and Pickup

Look and Style- very good i purchased this only due to its design   Comfort- car is comfotable for front seat persons only.   Pickup- as worst I have No words.... With AC only First gear can move the car...even in second gear you need clutch help for power.   Mileage- O my God I never Cheated like this.... My Era+ giving me 13Km/Leter on highway even without using brake (running contineously).   Best Features- Style   Needs to improve- Mileage   Overall Experience- I borrowed 1 Lac Rupees For down payment....and Paying Rs 5900 .00 EMI. .... I am a Lower income grade person.... now i am spending double money in petrol....because company claimed 22-23/ltr mileage and i am gettting 10-13km/ltr mileage.....this is not cheating by Hyundai...but this is robbery with low income Indians like me...

• praveen |02 Jul,2013 11:51:13 PM

every petrol engine is a cheating where this eon occupy first place

shrikant |30 Jul,2013 02:53:38 PM

Mileage can decline with driver's expertise.Try to drive in between 50 to 60 kmph,use right gear at right speed,because if you are running below 20 kmph with third gear,it causes more stress on engine and it tries to puil more petrol.Same way when speed is above 60 kmpl and you are in 4th gear,it may also cause stress on engine.

rahim |26 Jan,2015 12:50:08 AM

Yes.thats right

• naveen |26 Aug,2013 12:13:11 PM

Please tell if the suggestion given by Shrikant helped you in getting mileage or not. As I am planning to buy Eon, but seeing your problem i need to reconsider my decision now. Please reply if your problem is resolved or not.

• Suprotim |19 Dec,2013 04:44:25 PM

I am planning to buy Eon Era+ in couple of days. I read many negative reviews like Vibrations , bad AC , less leg space etc. . Dealer is saying that these problems are not there in the new cars . Please advise whether I should go for this or not ??

rohan |29 Nov,2015 06:52:03 PM

Nop i m havinv eon magna plus i bought this car 7 months ago, there are no vibration at all. Pick up is also good, but i m bit confused about mileage.

pratik |17 Feb,2016 12:22:08 PM

Go .. i recently purchased era It is 1 month now.. There no single penny issue .. My height is 5'11.. 100% comfort.. Little less mileage if you are using AC but my opinion is if we want comfort then we have to spend little more money .. Over all satisfied with car.. There is also gear shifting indicator next to ODO.. if you follow it , you will get. 20 to 21 mileage

• Abhijit |23 Jun,2014 09:36:23 AM

I had purchased Hyundai Magna a couple of years back. Frankly speaking I am not all satisfied with this car. There is a lot of vibration in 1st and 2nd gear and the maximum mileage that I got was around 13 km/litre. It has been over 2 and 1/2 years now. I have driven this over 10000 kms. Spoke to service center about mileage. They tell me it depends on how I drive. I have been driving Honda Brio for over 2 years now and I am getting a mileage of nearly 17 km/litre in city. Remember it is 1200 cc engine. Never purchase this car. If you have done you have been cheated. I have decided never to go of Korean products in my life after experiencing this car.

• rajnikant |01 Jul,2015 01:03:50 PM

Yes you are true

• saleem |17 Sep,2015 08:45:47 AM

Yes it's real

• pratik |17 Feb,2016 12:30:12 PM

Hello everyone .. i gone through the all reviews. Here is my review 1. i wanted to purchase hatch or mid size car (decided will go with i10 grand. it is gem of cars) then i gone for survey .. Reaults were shocking (1) increasing traffic (2) roads becoming small (3) parking problem everywhere Then i changed my decision that i will go with small car (as we are only 3 members in family) i went for kwid, alto 800, eon. But surprisingly eon beat them all. i contact hyundai showroom in my city. i purchsed era . They gave me good deal. i am using car since last 1 month. No issues at all. Good mileage, powerful AC, good boot space, looking good, only thing is it looks small but that is i want. Good for city traffic, parking. Happy with this car.