ELANTRA FRAUD ENGINE, POOR QUALITY!!

By for Hyundai Elantra 2015-2016 2013-08-09 15:09:50.0
  • Appearance

I purchased my ELANTRA 15 days back from Hans hyundai in delhi. The car worked perfectly well for 15 days and post that one fine day the car broke down. The car was towed away and we were informed by the service center manager that the engine has ceased. The aproximate estimate for the repair is coming up to around 4 lac rupee.. This is a turly unacceptable situation and I am deeply disappointed by the kind of service and response that I am reciveing from Hyundai.Since the car is only 15 days old we should get the warranty claim from Hyundai. THe dealer is telling me that the car was been damaged by water and does not come under warranty. THis is even more disturbing as it means every time it rains I am not allowed to drive my CAR!!! should have bought a bike in that case. However , this just leads me developing immense distrust in the services of Hyundai and the quality of one of their Premium Luxury segment car. If a car cannot work for even 15 days what is the point of buying such a vehicle. ???? No resolution has been provided by anyone an I am totally left stranded in the dealer and manufacturer nexus. I feel cheated and have lost all my faith in the company. DO NOT BUY!!

• antriksh chandra |12 Aug,2013 03:35:06 PM

elantra is good in looks ,suspension ,interior,luxary,pick up ,average.me and my family loves elanta .looking forward to see more cars good than elantra and every car of hyundai

• Philip |22 Aug,2013 09:13:03 PM

I was shoked to hear the company does not take the responsibility.why do not sue the company!

• Arun |23 Aug,2013 03:06:08 PM

File a court case against them ... I have done the same and won in the court ... the only thing is it's a very time consuming job .... but ultimately you will get your money back....

• Ramana |26 Aug,2013 11:19:43 AM

You can always claim the insurance. I been using elantra diesel automatic from past 9 months no issues found. I feel its completely misuse of the car getting water into the engine area. You could have more cautious and handled carefully. In my opinion best is claiming the insurance. Also go to Hyundai India website and fill the complaint. They respond quickly and resolve the issue. As i did for the wiper handle replacement, they did respond very immediate and solved within couple of weeks. All the best.

• Aps |18 Sep,2013 11:15:35 AM

I think you should also check with another company e.g. skoda, vw, that if this kind of problem occure in your car then are you providing warranty or not ???

• mr rakshit |26 Sep,2013 01:13:57 PM

Mr Ramana i am planning to buy elantra diesel automatic can you tell me more about your experience regarding pickup, average in city and highway and stability on high speeds

• Soni jose |29 Sep,2013 03:36:47 PM

Comfort: Excellent steering, good breaking, well in control on speedy-turns Pickup : Very good acceleration, test up to 140Km/hr, good stability Mileage : 13.73 in a mixed driving condition with 4 stops ( engine off) Best Features : Ventilated seats are really good. Well insulated cabin for man-made noises especially horns ( but a hissing road noise sound into cabin when speed is above 100). Car is best enjoyed when driving. Excellent safety features Why Toyota Altis removed so many safety and other features in India while these two cars priced equally all over the world, Toyota thinks Indians need less safety. And a longer warranty Needs to improve: Gear shifting, Blue tooh microphone is faulty from the day one ( poor QC for a 16 lakh car) back seats are not comfortable like Altis Overall Experience: A very good car and excellent features.

• Ak chopra |23 Jul,2014 08:01:50 PM

I have acamry 3013 model. How do you compare it with camry

• Ak chopra |23 Jul,2014 08:02:32 PM

Its 2013 model

• Sukumar Namjoshi |27 Jul,2014 07:07:35 PM

I am considering Elantra to to replace my Honda Civic. But with this experience of yours, I am a bit skeptical, as it rains heavily in Mumbai. I am now more inclined to consider the new City ( I had no problems whatsoever with Honda civic as Honda seems more reliable. Pl comment

• ketan khatri |20 Aug,2014 08:02:13 PM

thanks buddy.... i was planning to buy hyundai elantra but your experience helped me to take a decision to do not buy hyundai cars.... as the dealers of hyundai are very bad they are only interested in selling cars after purchased they have no time to listen your problems..... same problem happened with me ...... i have purchased an i10 car from planet hyundai,ahmedabad... after that i bought a cng kit from company and its costing almost 2.5 than regular cng kit...... they didnt give me bill for that kit and within 15 days i got a problem in that kit and they told give us your bill and the sales person who told me to give me a bill in 3 days he speaks like he dint know me......... that time i think planet is worst but after your review i can say that hyundai is worst...... there are many companies who are interested in their clients why should we purchase it........

• Murugan Asari P |01 Oct,2014 12:16:26 AM

Korian Cars are always inferior to Japanese and European cars. When some one think of buying a car with price range of above Rupees 15 Lakhs, never look in to Korian make. They don't have a long history of car manufacturing. One should not get attracted with stylish body ( made out of poor quality steel) or some aesthetics of interior or electronic controls. The Korian cars does not have even protection for Engine to prevent water entering into the engine when driving on rainy days.

• Siddharth |27 Oct,2014 05:45:22 PM

i am glad to have come across this post. i am confused at what to buy in this segment and was tilting towards hyundai. Since last week i am already miffed the dealer hasnt bothered to call me back to set up a timing for the demo. In today's day and age a customer chasing an automobile vendor is the least heard of. and now with this experience of yours i have surely made my mind not to pursue hyundai. all the best with your case.

• babu |21 Nov,2014 01:26:08 PM

i am very glad to see the comment , I was almost decided to buy Elantra , now I shift my mind to TOYOTA Or HONDA. This is a very very bad, response. Company people should think about the HARD EARNED MONY of the coustomer. I never expected this from Korean company.

• ROHIT LOHIA |16 Feb,2015 01:14:10 AM

contact consumer court sir hyundai will come down on to ypur feets

• Rs Khiangte |01 Apr,2015 09:35:50 PM

It seems they tried to cheat you

• abhishek |08 Apr,2015 08:33:13 PM

Can u tell me guys which should i buy my buget is upto 17 lacks only Please help me

Khalse |09 Apr,2015 03:56:28 PM

Any midsegment car ,,.Wait for Honda Civic. jetta is Best, Skoda is best,,,choice is yours,..even Elantra is most reliable than any other compare to cost wrt features u get... Actually I am Elantra user this is my 2nd Elantra ,,,older one was tooooo best

Bala |21 Apr,2015 12:29:30 AM

Hey Abhishek. In my opinion, please wait for few months, there are few interesting launches. Skoda should bring in their European version of Rapid to India to counter competition. Its a very good car to buy !! I own 2011 model Fabia top end and trust me their quality is better than most in Indian market. If you cannot wait, please consider Skoda Octavia or VW Jetta. I recently wanted to switch to an automatic car as driving a manual car in Bangalore is really exhausting though the gear shifting in fabia is butter smooth and fantastic and took test drives of new verna, new honda city, VW vento and current rapid. Verna is just an eye wash, Honda city is good but there is too much of a difference with the entry level and top end variants and i have read several complaints about pungent smell of chemicals coming from inside of the car in Honda city specially when parked in sunlight (Showroom car had it too)Vento is good but not as well built as Skoda Rapid even though it shares the same interiors. Current Rapid DSG with 7 speed auto transmission was a clear winner !!! I even looked at the elantra in the showroom but am not convinced that this car offers anything superior except for style for the high price we pay.... Hope this helps you..Choice is yours. If you are not too much worried about reliability and quality, please go ahead with Hyundai cars.

Dr Harbir Madan |24 May,2015 11:39:51 AM

Hi im also planning to buy automatic version elentra as already have corrola automatic from 2004 n after ur all reviews, now in confusion that what to buy.. skoda corrola jetta or elentra. ..plz help

• prasad |23 Apr,2015 02:32:31 PM

Juat advised to a friend to buy Elentra Diesel AT model , now totally confused by your experience.

• Anuj Gupta |11 May,2015 02:00:52 PM

Worst hundia very costly in maintenance. Sad to hear your story contact pahredaar or go with consumer court to file a case againts them

• Ambarish |19 Jun,2015 04:39:18 PM

Hi parth. I also had a similar instance with the engine due to the fuel injection system. The engine failed. Persisted with them despite them trying to shift responsibility on me. It took me little over 2 months but got the issue resolved under warranty.

• yo yo honey singh |27 Nov,2015 05:12:08 PM

Best car in the world??????????

• umair Siddiqui |04 Dec,2015 01:29:18 AM

Hyundai cars is only for decoration Not for use. If u use you come in trouble

• naresh |19 Mar,2016 10:53:26 PM

Company ko sab thik karke dena hoga agar aap ki baat sahi hai to nahi to sab media meh de do

• erode |06 May,2016 10:05:09 PM

Thanks to your information our guide ance