A good looking, yet expensive city car

By for Hyundai Creta 2016-11-14 18:28:49.0
  • Appearance

I got the Hyundai Creta 1.6 CRDi SX Plus Petrol variant for approximately Rs. 17 lacs this year. The car was already a little out of my budget, but the great looks compelled me to buy it anyway. It is a good looking car, and is overall pleasing to the eyes.

Here are the key features of the car:

1. EXTERIOR: The car has an amazing look, and is one of the key attractions towards the car. Right from the front LEDs to the grills and the rear lamps, it is designed to please. The diamond cut wheels add to the aura of this car. It is designed for the higher segment of the society with it's premium pricing and amazing looks.

2. INTERIOR: The interior is well made, and compliments the overall car perfectly. I can feel the richness, and the amazing build quality whenever I have a seat in it. Though, there is a scope of improvement in many sectors, like better quality handles, and a leather variant could have made it even more outstanding.

3. RIDE EXPERIENCE: The ride experience in the car is amazing. The sheer pleasure it delivers for the driver to drive this car is exceptionally great. It has a lot of leg-space, along with a great amount of boot space which makes it a perfect city vehicle, which can be used for short trips too. It provides a calm, quiet and peaceful experience, with a lot of comfort. Even when driving on a broken tar road, the car is able to provide premium stability and comfort quite easily.

4. ENGINE, HANDLING: The engine delivers a nice amount amount of power, and the car is overall easy to handle. It takes quick turns, while is great at delivering torque when the peddle is pushed. I could take it to easily 120 kmph, and the handling at such a speed is still amazing. It provides limited off roading capabilities also. The suspensions work just fine, and the ground clearance is enough for drives through bad roads.

5. PRICING, MILEAGE: Yes, the car is priced way above most of the cars in it's segment. It is expensive, and provides me a mileage of just 12 kmpl when riding through the city. It is currently proving to be a bad buy, and I would certainly not recommend anybody to buy this car due to this factor. Although the looks are good, they certainly do not compensate for the horrible mileage this car provides with. The car is certainly not at all economical, and is currently burning a hole through my pockets.

FINAL REVIEW:

Finally, all I wish to say is, though the car looks extremely well, is well built, has a great design and amazing features, the pricing is way off the budget for most of the buyers. The mileage is very poor for it's segment and is definitely a drawback for most of the buyers. The after sales Hyundai service is amazing, and the brand trust adds to the car value.

• Hyundai Creta
  • Don't miss out on the festive offers this June
  • Suresh Jain |27 Nov,2016 07:34:24 PM

Amazing review ! I was looking forward for the car. Let's see how it turns out for me.

• Sakshi Shah |02 Dec,2016 03:05:23 AM

Thank you Suresh ! :)

• muhammad ubaid |21 Feb,2017 07:49:04 PM

I recently buyed creta 1.6 crdi sx for 14.9 lakhs,i am bit disappointed with the interiors of the car as it doesnt have that much good fifinish

• Nagaraju |20 Mar,2017 10:25:34 PM

Car of the day

• RATHORE |05 Apr,2017 12:12:56 PM

i want to buy creta

• T.venkatramaiah |19 Apr,2017 12:39:52 PM

some more clarity required on mileage 12KM is very low for this car

Binu joseph |26 Apr,2017 05:27:27 PM

I have Creta petrol sx plus, last July i traveled from Banglore city to Pathanamthitta,kerala (my native place) with 2500 Rs Petrol 68 Rs per Litter.The total distance traveled is 650 KM and I assume there was 500 RS petrol was in the tank.So the calculated millage is around 15, and we entered inside Karur city to have shopping and lunch the rest was all highway and ghat area in Kumily

• Prathipalsingh |30 May,2017 01:43:02 PM

Mr. Binu tell me is it advisable to bye a creta for a middle class family..?