Sleek and Sexy

By for Honda Jazz 2016-08-06 19:16:48.0
  • Appearance

Well, Jazz was re-launched this year in its new avatar and I simply fell in love with the car! It was around the time I was planning to buy my first car, so naturally I fell for it! Bought Honda Jazz V MT 1.2 iVTEC. So here's what I feel about the car!

Looks: The car is absolute beauty! Stunning looks! Looks really cure from the front! Tail lights could have been done better, but that's fine! Tail lights look really astonishing at night!

Space: The best part of the car is the space! I am six feet tall and I had enough leg room available at the rear with the front seat pushed back completely! Not many cars have that and its really comfortable! Head room is really nice! So is the shoulder room! Enough space for big and tall humans! Boot looks small but believe me, it has space! Lots of it!

Comfort/Safety: They introduced feather touch air conditioner/climate control! Its actually good feature when the car is not moving! On the move, its just plainly difficult to touch the right button and not others! I ended up changing AC mode unknowingly many times during bumpy rides!

Secondly, the integrated rear view camera! Its good! It has three modes and works well! Best part is the top down view that gives the clearance behind the car, in case of tight parking spot! really handy! But what's missing is the small piezo beeper! Yes, that beeper is annoying at times but its a necessity!

Another thing that's lacking is one dedicated door-lock button! Its not easy for the driver to lock the doors from the lever, when it could have been easily done with a button right next to the window lock button!

Drive: The drive is comfortable. The car runs smooth, gear shifts are smooth, suspension is good for highways as well as bumpy roads! This car makes a smooth, plain road feel like clouds! Take it for a spin to a hill station and this same car will make you feel differently! The engine is simply underpowered! Its almost impossible to overtake someone at 40 kmph on third gear! That too, on a very very mild gradient! You have to come down to second! In and in case you're driving uphill on a steep incline on first gear, you can't shift to second, because by the time you shift to second gear and take your foot off the clutch pedal, the car would have slowed down and the engine won't be able to take the load! It feels so underpowered that the power alone overshadows the rest of the good features!

I really can not comment on the top speed as I didn't go beyond 90 kmph but I'm sure the car can do more than that!

So I would conclude by saying that Jazz is really a good car! The legroom and boot space is plenty! Drive is superb and for the segment, it indeed is value for money! Its only on the hills that the engine feels smaller, but otherwise, its a pleasure to drive it! Giving it three stars, because engine took one star off and the fifth star is reserved for engineering beauties like Maserati or Aston Martin!!