Rating of Honda Jazz

P
Prakhar Saxena
On: Aug 09, 2016 | 539 Views

Honda Jazz

I have been driving the new Honda Jazz V MT i-DTEC variant since December 2015. After covering more than 9000Kms in this compact Sedan, I can say it’s a fabulous city car and a reliable one.

I was in need of a car with good mileage, comfortable ride and easy to handle in city for daily office rides, capable enough to pull family of 5 adult on weekend to nearby super market/grocery store and can accommodate full month grocery with some other luggage on any given weekend, Capacity to go for railway station/airport runs once in a while .So search started in 2015 November.

So shortlisted criteria’s were:

a. Space for luggage, sitting capacity of 5 adults, good knee and head room.

b. Good Mileage

c. Comfortable ride, convenient cabin with enough spaces to hold cups bottles, cell phones, toll receipts etc.

d. Music system with inbuilt Bluetooth connectivity and decent music quality.

After testing many vehicles ranging from Zest to SUVs we were hooked to HONDA JAZZ.

Zest, bolt are nice vehicles but we already owned a Tata Vista so was looking for something new. Honda Brio and Amaze were not that spacious as Honda City and Jazz. Honda City space was good but it crossed our budget for the features we wanted and also reported mileage in city by most friends was 15kmpl which even I used to get for petrol car.

Took test drive of Honda Jazz I-VTEC at Pride Honda Banjara Hill, Hyderabad. Family was happy with the space at the back seats, music quality,luggage carrying capacity and I was happy with great cockpit like dashboard, no noise inside cabin but we wanted a car with mileage too so we tested diesel variant.

Diesel Clutch as expected was not as smooth as petrol variant, Engine noise could be heard in cabin. Just to test how much of noise is made by the engine opened the bonnet with engine running and then I realized Honda must have tried everything to lower it down in the cabin. So decision was made and booked the car at Pride Honda Showroom. Buying experience was hassle free.

After covering more than 9000Kms my observation about car is:

1. Music quality inside cabins is great

2. Car is more made for city with relaxed driving but given a chance to perform on highways, you just need to play with gears and you wouldn’t be disappointed at all.

3. Mileage is huge plus for this vehicle, I got 22Km/L on road with approximately 18Kms in traffic situation and 18Kms on highway on daily basis. Car shows 50km/L when RPM is kept below 1000RPM.

4. Car loves to cruise on highways with Instantaneous mileage showing 50Km/L on it, which brings a big smile on owners face.

5. Breaking with ABS is good, it gives you good feedback.

6. Staring wheel is precise and being a small car can be thrown around corner with good grip on the road, check your tyres though, MRF ZVTV are doing good job for me.

7. Suspension is good too, as speed increases you can feel little light after 120Kmph but even little further then that you feel planted on the road, haven’t tried it keeping it for long times beyond 120Kmph yet. Though in case of road being not there at all, you can feel being tossed in tricky situations, but this car is not made for those tracks.

Perfect Car for daily in city commuting

Other Jazz Reviews

• N
    Nilesh
    On: Mar 14, 2016 | 9571 Views

Sound Vibration Level is Very High Inside the Cabin

Look and Style: It looks good. Comfort: No comfort, there is a lot of noise coming inside the cabin which makes...Read More

• R
    Ravi Kumar
    On: Jul 19, 2017 | 3444 Views

Best car in this segment

Hi Everyone, I already gave my comments on my NEW HONDA JAZZ in the below link https://www.cardekho.com/user-rev...Read More

• Y
    Yoganand Vainapperumal
    On: Feb 22, 2017 | 195 Views

Mr. JAZZZZ

Dear All, I am a user of Jazz Diesel V variant for around 10 months now. Driven around 6500kms. I was researchi...Read More

• S
    Shantanu Kulkarni
    On: Nov 26, 2016 | 249 Views

Honda Jazz Full In-Depth Review

Honda Jazz is the premium hatchback offering from Honda. It competes with the likes of Hyundai Elite i20, Maruti...Read More

• S
    Santosh Salian
    On: Mar 11, 2018 | 155 Views

Average, Comfort, Design.............Awesome

I have purchased car in year 2015, still the performance of the car does not dip. Talking about Average, Comfort...Read More

Honda Jazz Further Research