The Adventurous and All New Honda City

By for Honda City 2016-03-31 14:10:14.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Great features, mileage

Cons : None

To assess the functionality and feel of my dream vehicle which I was planning to buy from a long time, one fine day, I stepped into Magnum Honda, the leading Honda Car Showroom in Bangalore for a Honda City Car Test Drive. I had requested the test drive to be on the all new Honda City Diesel Model (iDTECH VX) (1498cc) or (iDTECH VX option BL) (1498 cc) as I had heard great things about these diesel models which were giving an excellent mileage as told by my friends.

My dream car had always been Honda City and a few days earlier, I had booked a test drive of these cars, on the Magnum Honda Website. Having previously used a petrol car which was not giving me satisfaction as far as the mileage was concerned, I wanted to particularly go in for a diesel model because of the fuel economy and mileage. As I used my car day in and out, especially for outstation trips, I thought the maximum benefit as far as mileage and fuel economy was concerned, can be obtained only by buying a diesel model.

Upon reaching Magnum Honda for the test drive, their customer service executive reached out to me with a smile and asked me how he could help me. I told them I was booked for a test drive that particular day. I was asked to wait for at least 30 minutes before I went on my test drive and only managed to test drive the iDTECH VX. As I waited in frustration, the moment of truth finally arrives and it was time for the spin. As soon as I started the drive, my frustration seemed to fade away inch by inch. The test drive was a joyous one, all because of the new premium and unique features of the car.

The all new Honda City high-end diesel iDTECH VX starts with a brilliant premium headlamp, a premium wrap-around tail lamp and an electric sunroof. It contains a one-push engine start/stop button and an auto air conditioner with dust filters (with a heater as well as a rear air-conditioning vent). It is equipped with a rear parking camera and a power steering with tilt adjustment. With a keyless entry and a keyless trunk opening, the all new Honda City also has unique features like rear reading light, map light, interior light and trunk light. I was very happy to note that none of these features were present in my old car.

As far as the safety and security features are concerned, the new Honda City diesel comes with a 5 inch display screen which displays three different angles of what is behind the car, dual SRS airbag, fuel reminder control, security alarm, seat belt reminder, rear windshield defogger, day and night mirror, key-off reminder etc.

A wider and longer car, with a diesel engine which is the most fuel efficient compared to other cars in India, the 4th generation Honda City High-End Diesel models are priced most reasonably. Equipped with alloy wheels, tubeless tyres and a height adjustable driver seat, the Honda City high-end diesel models have better ground clearance (with fewer chances of hitting speed breakers) and a stiff and sound chassis, which is way better than the older models. The new Honda City also has advanced Multi-Information Combination Meter with Blue

• ali |24 May,2016 01:47:41 PM

Sir, does it actually gives 23kmpl average or u r just blabbering.