Say No To Honda City VMT Model April 2016

• Appearance

Pros : No pros

Cons : Design flaw, Manufacturing defect, Water intake problem, Worst Honda customer care, No warranty

I am not writing this review by choice but I have been forced to write this because of very bad and mentally harassing experience with Honda Cars India and Harmony Honda Chandigarh. So I have decided to write this review to create awareness among people so that Honda can?t befool them.�

I have been cheated by Honda and Harmony Honda. I invested 12.4 Lacs rupees on my brand new Honda City V MT iDtec Diesel [PB 13 AR 4973] and within just 40 days (driven less than 5000km), we are left with no other option but to park it in our garage.�

I bought Honda City iDtec VMT from Harmony Honda Chandigarh on 21st April 2016. We took our brand new Honda City in the season?s first rain on 31st May 2016 where we were crossing through very shallow standing water (less than 5 inches), our car stopped in mid of the road where all other cars like the Maruti 800, Tata Nano, Hyundai Verna, Hyundai i20 were moving smoothly. We got out of our car and pushed it to the side of the road and our shoes were not even fully dipped in the water, so you can imagine the level of water on the road.�

We took our car to the Harmony Honda Chandigarh. They said water got into our brand new Honda City Engine and its hydrostatic lock and cylinder have been damaged. They said its cost estimate is around Rs 1.25 - 1.5 lakhs and we will have to pay for it. It is neither covered in warranty nor in Insurance (though we have Bumper to Bumper Nil Depreciation Insurance).�

Actually, I researched about this problem over Google. Honda Diesel iDtec engines have a very serious design flaw. The flaw is the Air intake for Air filter, which is located very low beneath the car so even during the very shallow water level, this sucks water and damages the engine. So this problem is there in every iDtec Honda car, be it Honda City, Honda Mobilio or Honda Amaze.�

The concerned persons at Harmony Honda Chandigarh advised us not to drive this car in rains. Then why should we buy Honda cars if they can?t be driven in rainy season. They simply said we will have to pay for the repair of hydrostatic lock and cylinder. We met Mr. Sanjay Sharma (our Sales Consultant) and Ms. Geetanjali (Mr. Sanjay's Senior) and Mr. Jaswinder AGM of Harmony Honda at Harmony Honda Chandigarh showroom and they verbally agreed this problem is there in Honda diesel cars. But all of them refused to honour warranty that we will have to pay for its repairs and there is no other option.�

So I want to ask where is our fault? This clearly shows that this is design flaw and that too occurred on the day of first rain itself and just under 5000 kms and within 40 days. Why shall I repair it? What will be the market value of a car whose engine gets opened within 5000 kms and that too because of design flaw and manufacturing defects? Did I spend 12.5 lakh to spend 1.5 lakh more within the 40 days of purchase of my brand new Honda City?�

Unsatisfied with Harmony Honda?s response, I again called Honda One-2-One on the same day, they assured me I will receive a call from Honda Area Manager. After making about 10 calls and staying on hold for hours, I have not received any call from Honda. NO RESPONSE FROM HONDA CUSTOMER CARE.

Comments Honda City
  • Bibhu |26 Aug,2016 07:47:36 AM

Really a horror story has honda done some thing for the issue..or has it been left out just like that..

Honda City review scorecard