Excellent Car Worth Its Price

• Appearance

After a research of 6 months finally, I decided to buy the Honda City. I went to look out for a VW Vento, which my cousin had purchased in Chennai. But didn't opt for it due to the bad reviews in after sales service and resale value. Tried Hyundai Verna as well, but all my friends who are driving this vehicle advised not to buy it as clutch gave all of them a problem around 35k km mark. Having said this, buying a diesel Verna is more practical as Honda's diesel engine is underpowered in comparison. But since my running is low, I was looking for a petrol car.

Exterior: Very stylish and eye candy,  it easily grabs one's attention at the first look.  Interior (Features, Space & Comfort): The City has comfortable rear seats with a premium fabric upholstery and ample amount of leg space. Driving it is a pleasure and it's feature rich too with touch AC, steering mounted controls, cruise control to name a few.

Engine Performance:  The engine of the petrol Honda City is brilliant in terms of performance and refinement. Fuel economy is around 12.5kmpl and still waiting for the 1st service to be done. Gearbox is as smooth as it can get in this segment.

Ride Quality & Handling: The handling and ride quality of the Honda City is decent, it doesn't intimidate you nor this aspect is best in its class.

Final Words: A value for money proposition with great looks. The only area of improvement is its skinny 175-cross-section tyres. Ohh, come on who uses these dated 175/65 R15 tyres. My 2005 Tata Indigo had these, it was just that the tyres were 14 inchers. And the sad part is you can't change the tyres as it may affect the warranty. Alas if I could get them changed to a 17" 195 tires. Have to wait for 2 long years so that the warranty gets over.

Comments Honda City