Perfect example of good product marred by rank bad service

• Appearance

I have been reading the reviews in cardekho for a long time and have been benefitted immensely. I thought time has come to repay it back a bit to the fellow readers..... Honda Amaze...the amazing product of Honda has a chance to go to record books as a very good product marred by rank bad service...thanks to its hi-nosed Dealers and its own marketing / sales officials. Having reviewed Amaze with a host of other cars, I decided to book an VX petrol version and paid a booking advance to one of the Chennai Dealers on 10th July 2013 who assured me a delivery maxm. within August though he promised he would try & pre-pone it. After continuous follow up from my side, the dealer last week informed me that it will take November 2013 for delivery...when asked why such inordinate delay, the guy simply says "As Honda, we used to handle premium customers and are used to selling 60 cars a we are selling 180 ...we dont know how to handle such large volume"!!!! What an answer! With the market reserach findings of one of the best market driven companies in this segment, if the company cant guestimate the demand-supply situation after a new product launch....then what to expect from the company? and they say you can get a full refund in case you want to withdraw! I request all others to consider this market situation before deciding anything on Honda Amaze Petrol version! I am convinced that the product is quite good in this class of sedans...but when we buy a car it's mix of product + service one sees before taking a much premium you will pay to get a good products with bad service is your call. Regards Joydeep Mukherjee 9840238746

Comments Honda Amaze
  • bdpant |12 Aug,2013 08:06:38 PM

They also promised 3 months for petrol S MT and I booked one . I don't know when they will deliver , I saw product is good , but service is pathetic , All modern vehicle need service after 10000 Kms or one year, whichever is lower but Honda asks after 10000 kms or 6 months whichever is lower. I don't understand the logic , because the lubricant do not get stale inside the chamber after 6 months. Similarly. by denying pretty parts to be sold outside they force the customers to come to Honda showroom whatever be the cost. Therefore to change bulbs or a pretty item you have to burn fuel to go to showroom , ridiculous. All such companies who resort to such practices never get good sales after initial euphoria , Hope Honda will wake up and act accordingly

Joydeep |13 Aug,2013 06:30:35 PM

Yea... rightly said...earlier They used to service mainly the Honda City... now after the introduction of Brio, Amaze, you can easily understand the volumes of Honda cars that has gone up...and the service part for which dealers have to invest money, is always a question mark ? With the auto market generally going downwards, only the multiple car dealers perhaps can invest for man & machinery for this deep pocket game! I hope some senior responsible Honda guys wake up....and from the talk I had with Dealers, it seems that company also indulges in step-motherly treatment towards its dealer, leaving them hi & dry in between Customers & Company!

• Ramdas Menon |15 Aug,2013 10:54:05 AM

Thanks to Joydeep and BD Pant for sharing your experiences. I was toying with the idea of buying Amaze, but am having second thoughts now. Isn't there any way we can channelize this back to the Honda management. I don't think we should take dealers at face value.

• ajay |16 Aug,2013 08:30:47 PM

I think no one can beat Maruti in terms of after-sales service & overall experience in india. After all what is the use buying the best breed of products ( read honda etc.) when the overall experience from their dealers & serivce centres is not so good. maruti has SX4 sedan, the best sedan money can buy in india. Go for maruti, in india only maruti suzuki rules.

• Sanjeev |16 Aug,2013 09:13:38 PM

I hv also booked the petrol version and the delivery date is extended from the month of september 2013 to Jan 2014 (End) . Pls advice is it worth waiting so long or is there any other car in the market better than this in the same price tag ?

• Joydeep |19 Aug,2013 04:32:51 PM

Well to give you a continued running commentary, while waiting...for the Amaze, I have already been informed that Honda has increased the Price of Amaze by around 5k. God knows how many such increase will I see before I finally get the delivery! I am seriously considering a pull-out!

• khalid yasin |05 Nov,2013 11:40:09 PM

i purchase Honda Amaze diesel top end in May 2013. 10000 Kms drive in city mileage 24.5 Kms, once took fuel efficiency to 35.7 kms, comfort level good, leg space very good, easy to handle. the can cruises 60 kms speed in 4th and over-speed gear without accelerator best fuel efficiency. music player below par. no astray for smokers. dealer service very poor.

Honda Amaze review scorecard