Honda Amaze most fuel efficient compact sedan ever

By for Honda Amaze from Pune 2013-04-15 14:20:00.0
  • Appearance

Pros : amazing fuel efficiency, great looks, great price, decent features

Cons : interior space, a bit of noise at high speed

Honda Amaze, the most anticipated compact sedan ever has been launched just few days ago. The car looks to be a simple and decent sedan car yet it has got stunning aspects that can easily amaze you. I was waiting for this vehicle soon after it was unveiled by the company last year. As soon as the bookings were opened, I have rushed to the nearest dealer of Honda Cars and placed my pre-order. And now I have bought it at an attractive deal from the authorized dealer. Although, there is a petrol variant available at an irresistible deal, I went with a diesel variant as was the most fuel efficient vehicle. The advanced 1.5 litre i-DTEC diesel engine used in this car is the only one of its kind that can produce immense power and amazing mileage. As per the claims made by the company, the diesel powered Amaze has 1.5 liter, i-DTEC diesel engine that produce 98Bhp of maximum power and 200Nm of torque, which is more than conventional diesel cars. As far as features are concerned, there are some attractive features inside the such as air conditioner, power steering, power windows, anti lock braking system, cup holders (front and rear), music player multi function steering wheel, and lots of other features. I have bought a mid range diesel variant that cost me around Rs. 6.60 lakh (ex showroom price, New Delhi), which I thought was a fair deal. But by considering the fuel efficiency, the deal is very attractive compared to other car of its class. However, the car is not as spacious as it shown in the images but it was good enough for me and my family. This car has got a rich design interior that gives you a premium feel. The exterior design looks much more better than what we have seen in the images. Overall, it was a wonderful experience driving the all new Honda Amaze and its fuel efficiency is awesome.

• ajay |03 Nov,2013 01:12:34 AM

NVH Level : RPM meter helps in Synchronizing the gears, so that you get maximum fuel efficiency. When you shift to 1st gear you can pull your car to 1500 RPM. On 1500 RPM shift to 2nd gear. Then on every 2000 RPM change gear so you don't strain the engine. Only in climbing you can pull it to 2500 RPM. Most of the time eco lite will be on and average and engine life will be good. People talk about high NVH level and the drive is very smooth. People who say NVH is high well they are idiots I have never heard high NVH so no complaints so far.

• Sunil |16 Nov,2014 08:34:30 PM

Very Worst Vehicle is amaze, I have purchased new vehicle in May 2014 and drive just only 8600 kms. Now the clutch plate got defected and all dealers like Courtesy, Southend Honda are saying you need to replace it..I m shocked how this could be possible and they never offer any replacement warranty. Now When I have requested to make replacement of clutch plate & pressure...They are playing drama and demanding huge money giving false excuses that stock is not available in all over india this will come from Japan etc. What a worst customer maangement I have seen in my life. Before This I have used Toyota & Maruti but never faced this kind of worst difficulties..