A Good Car turned into Headache.
A Good Car turned into Headache.
If you search this portal, you will definitely find mixed reactions towards this car which adds more fuel to the confusion. For some this is the best car yet while for others it is the biggest mistake of their lives. Here is my take on an honest opinion on this car which has been with me for the past 1 years. I purchased Amaze back in July 2015 hoping to get an affordable Sedan. I chose the 1.5 E MT (I-DTEC) DIESEL version at around 6.50L. On paper this is a great car, the 1198cc engine producing a pwer of 87bhp and 165mm ground clearance with safety features like central locking, ABS and EBD meant smooth and comfortable driving with a pleasant experience and Intially I was very happy with the car sporting a sedan look and great mileage. Here is the detailed over view: Looks : It's like regular sedan, nothing too eye catching. Interiors: Honda decided to get modest quality products for interiors, to fit the bill of around 6L. Comfort: Well aligned steering wheel and proper placement of gear box made driving experience quite good but not so good for the passengers. It is rather compact and seats are also uncomfortable. Storage: Ok I would say. The back space decently holds around 2 large trveller's luggages with still space for a small carry bag. Te glovebox space is also good. Mileage: Intially, I got excellent mileage of around 23Kmpl but later it dropped to around 17Kmpl after few months which is pretty low considering this is a diesel car. I usually drive within the city and rarely took it for long drives hence the distance it has travelled is pretty low considering the age. But after few months of usage, the engine started making noise at low speeds.The clutch also loosened and I had to look for repairs for a car that is not even a year old. And by the way, The service of Honda (especially in Delhi) is horrible. They manpower lack the expertise and the work is also choppy. In all my intial happiness turned into a headache and not I am thinking of replacing it with better options available in the market. I thought I got a defective car and asked them for a replacement but it took months to get a verdict and now I was aked to wait for around 4 months as according to them, this is the default waiting period for replacements. I am still waiting for that. Overall, a good car if you get the good one but be prepared to deal with poor customer service if by any chance you got some problems after few months of driving. Truthfully, If you are looking for something durable and reliable then my advise would be to stay away from this car ( yes, it is biased based on my personal experience)and consider other better options at this price point like Maruti Suzuki Baleno or Swift Dizire. I hope my reviw has helped.
- 12 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
Write your Comment on Honda Amaze
Honda Amaze User Reviews
- All (949)
- Mileage (289)
- Performance (140)
- Looks (285)
- Comfort (314)
- Engine (218)
- Interior (171)
- Power (148)
- More ...
Perfectly designed compact sedan.Took VX CVT petrol, as was looking for good petrol mileage. Petrol mileage is 15 to 17.5 still didn't take it for a highway ride. CVT pet...
- View All Amaze Reviews
Compare Variants of Honda Amaze
- Amaze E PetrolCurrently ViewingRs.6,17,000*EMI: Rs. 13,30818.6 kmplManual
- Amaze Special EditionCurrently ViewingRs.7,00,000*EMI: Rs. 15,03418.6 kmplManual
- Amaze V PetrolCurrently ViewingRs.7,48,000*EMI: Rs. 16,03718.6 kmplManual
- Amaze S CVT PetrolCurrently ViewingRs.7,78,000*EMI: Rs. 16,64418.3 kmplAutomatic
- Amaze Special Edition CVTCurrently ViewingRs.7,90,000*EMI: Rs. 16,90018.3 kmplAutomatic
- Amaze Exclusive Edition PetrolCurrently ViewingRs.7,96,000*EMI: Rs. 16,99518.6 kmplManual
- Amaze VX PetrolCurrently ViewingRs.7,96,000*EMI: Rs. 17,03918.6 kmplManual
- Amaze V CVT PetrolCurrently ViewingRs.8,38,000*EMI: Rs. 17,90318.3 kmplAutomatic
- Amaze Exclusive Edition CVT PetrolCurrently ViewingRs.8,79,000*EMI: Rs. 18,74718.3 kmplAutomatic
- Amaze VX CVT PetrolCurrently ViewingRs.8,79,000*EMI: Rs. 18,74318.3 kmplAutomatic
- Amaze E DieselCurrently ViewingRs.7,63,000*EMI: Rs. 16,60224.7 kmplManual
- Amaze S DieselCurrently ViewingRs.8,18,000*EMI: Rs. 17,76524.7 kmplManual
- Amaze Special Edition DieselCurrently ViewingRs.8,30,000*EMI: Rs. 18,00424.7 kmplManual
- Amaze V DieselCurrently ViewingRs.8,78,000*EMI: Rs. 19,02424.7 kmplManual
- Amaze S CVT DieselCurrently ViewingRs.8,98,000*EMI: Rs. 19,45121.0 kmplAutomatic
- Amaze Special Edition CVT DieselCurrently ViewingRs.9,10,000*EMI: Rs. 19,69021.0 kmplAutomatic
- Amaze Exclusive Edition DieselCurrently ViewingRs.9,26,000*EMI: Rs. 20,07024.7 kmplManual
- Amaze VX DieselCurrently ViewingRs.9,26,000*EMI: Rs. 20,04424.7 kmplManual
- Amaze V CVT DieselCurrently ViewingRs.9,58,000*EMI: Rs. 20,71021.0 kmplAutomatic
- Amaze Exclusive Edition CVT DieselCurrently ViewingRs.9,99,000*EMI: Rs. 21,64121.0 kmplAutomatic
- Amaze VX CVT DieselCurrently ViewingRs.9,99,000*EMI: Rs. 21,58621.0 kmplAutomatic
Trending Honda Cars
On Honda Amaze :- Benefit up to Rs. 47,000...