Mixed opinion

By for Honda Amaze 2013-2016 2013-06-09 12:12:07.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Mileage,Seating comfort,Boot space,Its a sedan at that price range,Its honda

Cons : Very very light body,cheap.Rear AC vent must.

Look and Style :Average to Good Comfort : Very good for back seaters & lil discomfort for driver while getting in and out. Pickup : Very good for 1.2 lit sedan.But lil shaky with 5 ppl on board and baggage in boot. Mileage ;Very good.After 1 month since I purchased, yet waiting for first sevrice this week. 1.I never got less than 8 kmpl even in slow motion traffic with multiple signals small trip. 2.Got 15-16 on trip of 25 Km with 60% higway and 40 city with traffic. 3 .And I got Amazed when I drove my 45 KM dream run at early morning around 3:30 AM with no signal and no traffic signals of touched max as 20.5 kmpl and whole avg of the trip is 17.5 KPML. Best Features: Mileage,Light weight,overall sitting comfort with less than 4 m sedan,boot space and smooth driving.I personnaly benifitted because of 4 m sedan,I got parking space issue,with less space some one can comfortably handle just like an hatchback especially who is promoting from hatchbak to  sedan. Needs to improve :-1.Should have one rear AC vent must.2.Driver and front seat head rest. 3.The body is so light that if the vehicle is standing under sun light for 1 hour the whole outer body  and inner seats gets heated that you cant sit even or because of heavy rain its distracting to the driver the noise of rain coming inside because of light weight roof. Overall Experience :Good but not Amazed as by the name stands.May fail when we compare with other sedans.Definitely not compare with Swift Dzire and Etios(These are as well not of good sedan standard(hope better than these 2 in every aspectother than body)) After purchasing it for almost 1 month ,being loyal to the review,I am not biased towards any of the points above.Hope this could help new buyers an owners driving experience. My only opinion is dont go behind mileage,its matter of 1-2 kmpl difference of that standard and when we purchasing a vehicle of 7-9lakhs,2-3KM difference in mileage should not be a deciding point.I didnt go for a complete sedan as I have parking issue.I am always obsessed with new launches and again this from Honda.

• Aditya |30 Jul,2013 03:52:13 PM

Dear sir, it has been a month that you have written your review. Can you let me know what mileage it is giving in an average city drive ...I am planning a petrol amaze SMT but am concerned about mileage.

• ajay |03 Nov,2013 12:52:16 AM

NVH Level : RPM meter helps in Synchronizing the gears, so that you get maximum fuel efficiency. When you shift to 1st gear you can pull your car to 1500 RPM. On 1500 RPM shift to 2nd gear. Then on every 2000 RPM change gear so you don't strain the engine. Only in climbing you can pull it to 2500 RPM. Most of the time eco lite will be on and average and engine life will be good. People talk about high NVH level and the drive is very smooth. People who say NVH is high well they are idiots I have never heard high NVH so no complaints so far.

• ajay |07 Nov,2013 12:39:32 AM

NVH level, Clattering & Mileage : if one drives in one gear for a long time. To reduce the NVH and clattering - RPM meter helps to reduce it by synchronizing the gears as mentioned below, you will feel the difference. It will also increase fuel efficiency. Initially you may find it hard, but once you get the hang of it, you will automatically reduce your acceleration and your car will automatically roll in one gear and eco lite will be constantly on. In this way your gear shifting will reduce. Focus a bit more on RPM and Eco Lite you will get the hang of it. When you shift to 1st gear you can pull your car to 1500 RPM. On 1500 RPM shift to 2nd gear. Then on every 2000 RPM change gear so you don't strain the engine. Only in climbing you can pull it to 2500 RPM. Most of the time eco lite will be on and average and engine life will be good and the drive will be very smooth.