Amazing Mileage

• Appearance

I bought this amaze SMT BLACK 3 weeks back and Im happy with my decision. I drove it in highway and i got an average of 25KMPL for 170KM trip. For first 14 KM i received an amazing mileage of 34.8 KMPL(Even HONDA might not know. I can send you the pictures which I took). Overall I'm happy with this car. Overall handling is very good, comfort is good, HONDA need to work a little bit on the engine noice. Third gear is bit rough and rest all gears are fine. Pickup is excellent and you will love the overtaking. It is must to buy an steering grip ( Steering grip is very bad) AC is very powerful. Boot is really amazing. First gear is short, powerful comes the second and third. 4 and 5 designed only for speed. Vehicle designed keeping indian traffic in mind, which gives an astonishing mileage of 18 in city. You dont need an acceleter in city driving, the ideling itself takes care of the speed you need in city limits which boots your mileage.   write to me @

Comments Honda Amaze 2013-2016
  • car lover |24 Jun,2013 03:27:02 PM

How you calculate the mileage for first 14km. Further for a trip of approx 170km, any good vehicle of this class will achieve this mileage, if driven by a decent driver. As I feel during my drive, the engine noise get worse on speed over 110kph. I understand HONDA will do the required modifications as it the earlier days.

Amazeeee |24 Jun,2013 03:49:42 PM

If I say for first 14km, that only means that the road conditions changed over a stretch of 170km which brought down the mileage to 25. For first 14km the mileage calculator was showing constantly at 33-34 If I had stopped my car immediately after 14km what do you think the mileage would be?. Hope it is clear.

• niteen dandekar |29 Jun,2013 02:26:43 PM

I want to buy Amaze but the reviewers are cofusing me the autocar magazine rcommends it but auto car website declairs the milage 18/20km/l. Please help me to take decision by tellin the facts regarding engine noice and milage. my mail id is.

• Raghav Naidu |01 Aug,2013 03:42:58 PM

Till now i have driven 5000km's in two months. My experience is good. Mileage is 16-17 in city and highway at least 23-24. I have always driven with max 3-4 people. I'm sure load makes huge difference to mileage especially in amaze(check out the Honda booklet which gives a graph showing this relationship). With my experience it looks like getting 22 and above mileage in any diesel engines is under optimum conditions. The two main factors which effects to the base conditions are load and driving skills. If you take care of these two then I'm sure amaze would definitely give above 23 mileage in highways.

• ajay |03 Nov,2013 12:51:09 AM

NVH Level : RPM meter helps in Synchronizing the gears, so that you get maximum fuel efficiency. When you shift to 1st gear you can pull your car to 1500 RPM. On 1500 RPM shift to 2nd gear. Then on every 2000 RPM change gear so you don't strain the engine. Only in climbing you can pull it to 2500 RPM. Most of the time eco lite will be on and average and engine life will be good. People talk about high NVH level and the drive is very smooth. People who say NVH is high well they are idiots I have never heard high NVH so no complaints so far.

• manohar |27 May,2015 12:43:35 AM

Good Diesel car.... .I feel in a month

• Ajit |30 May,2015 11:47:00 AM

I am using Amaze smt petrol I am only getting mileage of 9.3 in city I am done with first service. Any idea about this Olumpia Honda showrooms / service center engineer says it will be fine after 2 or 3rd service...

Honda Amaze 2013-2016 review scorecard