A real nonsense car

• Appearance

I purchased this car in June 2008, from day one this was giving me trouble. summary of 1st year maintainance : - replaced ball joints, Radiator fan motor, rear door hinges , water in fog lamp.2nd year summary : - Water pump assembly , spark plugs, ignition coil , shocks & suspension arm , power steering pump.last 6 months were like a hell to me : - i was going to my brother's ring ceremony & suddenly my axle broke down. i was so fucked up that i immediately called ford road side assistance to help. that customer care guy took six hours to send somebody to tow my vehicle. in those six hours we hired an autorickshaw, went to bank for money & purchased corolla altis. NEVER BUY A FORD CAR IN INDIA. THEY ARE NOT MEANT TO RUN ON INDIAN ROADS. INSTEAD BY MARUTI SUZUKI SX4

Comments Ford New Ikon
  • Rahul |07 Oct,2011 03:01:11 PM

I agree 100% with him.Ford Ikons are not only troublrsome but their service backup is screwedup and very expensive also parts are not available.

Suneel Kulkarni |18 Nov,2011 10:02:08 PM

Shilpagya and Rahul, I have also owned a Ford Laser Petrol, and a Ford Ikon Diesel. I think you should separate the three issues on which you have commented. (1) Ford Car, (2) Indian Roads, and (3) Ford Service. I feel that Ford cars are very good but we dont know how to drive them on Indian Roads. I also feel that we dont follow the principle A stitch in time saves nine for maintenance of our cars. I also feel that you should be more specific while posting such remarks about any vehicle. I don't drive my Ford Ikon the way I drive my TATA ESTAE on Indian roads. I also make it a point to put my car on a ramp for thorough check every month especially after each long bumpy ride on a highway. About parts not being available, Most car manufacturers over the world follow the policy of not marketing critical parts of brakes and such items which may cause accidents if not fitted properly or if cheap duplicates are used.

• kamal |16 Jan,2012 05:03:15 PM

intelli advice mr kulkarni

• Anil Prasad |16 Apr,2012 11:54:44 AM

Nach na aye angan teda

Shilpagya |16 Apr,2012 05:31:33 PM

Mr. Anil, this isn't your Facebook profile page where you can comment in this fashion. Please be specific about your experience. Thanks

• gaurav kapoor |07 May,2012 01:34:33 PM

acccording to me i dnt know about the spare parts this is my 1st car my mileage is only 8 kmpl which is not affordable pls suggest me how to increase the mileage.i had purchased this car from mahindra 1st choice.car is very awesome only 30000 kms done also checked with mechanic he says car is fine engine is also f9 bt i dnt know why the mileage is too much low.pls suggest me how to increase the mileage and check the mileage..if we tlk about spare parts some person says its available in market or some says not available and very much affordable now i m totally confused i m thinking to put a cng but for that also everyone is saying no for that....now if i sell my car it will be depriciation of approx 35000 and i purchased for 140000.........

• gaurav kapoor |10 May,2012 12:17:51 AM

pls suggest guys

shilpagya |10 May,2012 12:34:38 AM

I can't believe that somebody sold you 30000 kms driven car in just 140000. It might be your luck. In karol bagh people can rewind the mileage back to 10-15k. so, don't trust anyone when you deal in 2-hand cars especially ford ikon. Do one thing, replace all 4 spark plugs & check whether discoloration of all spark plugs are same or not. If any spark plug is different then you are running this vehicle with poor efficiency. I am an automobile engineer & worked on its engine simulation model on GT power. This engine is small as compared to load it bears. good luck

Ford New Ikon review scorecard