Ford Figo - Just go for it.
Ford Figo 1.5 Titanium Plus - this car I'm driving since last 6 months. The color of my Figo is Diamond White. When I bought this car, the only inhibition in my mind was market rumors that Ford maintenance and parts are costly. Well for me honestly this was not the experience so far. In case you get any make of car regularly serviced ONLY at company showroom (which is the case with me) then the local workshops; then the service and parts cost is almost the equal depending on the cost of the car. And for me honestly, this car proved to be the best car in the segment.
The major highlights:
1. Comfortable driving position - road view is real clear.
2. Best mileage in class - my car gives 19 in city and 21 on highways with AC on. This is real value for money.
3. Top of the class leather upholstery - seats, steering and door panels.
4. Ford 6 speaker music system with RDS radio - excellent surround sound.
5. Super silent diesel TDCI engine.
6. 1.5 Lt TDCI diesel Engine carries much torque - never leaves you underpowered, much responsive.
7. All interiors are of prime finish, decently located within arm's reach
. 8. Height adjustable driver seat.
9. Height adjustable steering.
10. Rich gloss finishes middle console.
11. Useful reading lights over rear seats - a boon to rear passengers' sply kids - no need to fit aftermarket loose reading lights.
12. The glove box is spacious with lid controlled interior light.
13. Spacious boot to carry loads of family baggage.
14. Front fog-lamps - very useful in fog.
15. Strong headlights with each unit having 2 bulbs. This means super strong 6 lights on a road at night if you drive fog lamps on.
16. ABS is much responsive - can rely on in curves, wet roads or rainy days.
17. Airbags are a good safety feature for you and family.
18. Rear seats fold two way - creates a massive storage area.
19. Front door pockets easily hold 2 Lt Pet bottles for long drives.
20. AC is super powerful with full heating and cooling function.
21. DIS (Driver Information System) meter is much useful and correct. No need to check fuel gauge and keep guessing. Shows correct distance to empty basis driving pace.
22. Lights-on alarm at ignition off is quite useful - never leaves your car lights On.
23. Both sun visors at passenger and driver side have vanity mirrors.
24. Service cycle is every 10000 kms with avg cost of Rs. 4000/-.
25. Gear shifts are pretty smooth.
26. A rear defogger is effective and comes handy in most weather conditions.
27. Outside rear view mirrors are electronically adjusted from inside. Also, carries turn indicator on them.
28. Suspension super smooth to swallow big potholes and sooth you.
1. 60:40 split lacking in the rear seat.
2. Ground clearance in rural (bumpy) roads - city roads no issue.
3. Once the car is central locked and you unlock any one door from inside, all gates are unlocked.
4. No dedicated sunglass holder.
5. No freezer in the glove box - even in the top model.
6. The radio antenna is fixed out at the roof. Can be managed inside along front or rear glass.
Overall : Ford Figo is value for money with extremely smooth pick-up and drive, comfortable seating and space, damn economical to drive, interiors and exteriors are much premium, much responsive ABS and power steering, soothing music system, powerful AC and confidence of airbags makes this car a worthy buy. No need to think twice before taking a 2000 kms at a stretch tour (that I've personally done). On safety front, Ford cars pass all collision tests before worldwide market launch. So guys... don't go by market myths... add "Figo" to your life.
- 20 Likes
- 3 Dislikes