Rating of Ford Figo

A powerful beast

A
Anshul Jain
On: Nov 16, 2016 | 58 Views

I have been driving this car for more than 3 years. What amazes me most is the acceleration of which I had even driven it for 140 kmph on Meerut highways and still in the cabin you won't feel the speed.

The diesel engine is quite powerful at 1398 cc however not very sure about the petrol engine but as far as I had studied about this car, I found that it's always better to go for diesel version if you are looking to buy a ford car.

Overall it's a good car, though quite heavy on the pocket in terms of service and cost of spare parts.

This is my first car and I am quite happy.

Below are some major pros and cons

Pros:

1. Acceleration is quite good.

2. Boot space is quite sufficient if you are going for a long trip.

3. Quiet comfortable and spacious but the floor is quite low so when sitting in the car it feels you are sitting on the ground especially if you are 6 ft long but once you are seated then there is no issue.

4. Handling and power steering is quite good and even if you drove above the speed of 140 kmph on highways like Meerut highway, you won't feel the speed and will enjoy the drive.

5. It's quite firm on road and has a good grip and won't skid.

6. Mileage (Diesel model gives me 22 kmpl).

7. Powerful engine (Diesel engine is 1398 cc, the only one in its segment).

8. In the price range of hatchback its quite comparable to the premium variants of its competitors like i20, jazz, and Baleno

Cons:

1. Seats are very low, thus making it uncomfortable if you are a long person and going to market for shopping as sitting in the driving seat again and again can cause you a backache.

2. Spare parts and service is quiet high on your pocket.

3. After driving for more than 1 lakh kmpl, this car is left to be driven across the city only and I won't take the risk of long driving.

4. Sometimes whenever you have to apply brake due to some hindrance, the engine gets switched off and you have to reignite it. This is especially whenever the car is in 3rd gear or upper.

5. Ground clearance is very low and in Indian road conditions, this will always make your car touch the road. Even when it is full and you are climbing a ramp from basement parking.

6. Its air conditioner pipes and coils are on the bottom and with low ground clearance, they are very much prone to being damaged. I am already facing this issue in my car. Similarly, the gear box is also very low and is again prone to being damage. Thus you have to be very careful while driving on Indian roads especially on the night.

Overall a good car and as far as the review for the new model I already found it quite interesting and would definitely give a thumbs up for this car.

Other Figo Reviews

• A
    Ajay Shokeen
    On: Nov 25, 2016 | 221 Views

My Ford Figo After Two Years Of Use

Hello, I am using my Ford Figo diesel from last two years. I feel it is a good car but with certain small cons. ... ...Read More

• R
    Rajneesh
    On: Jan 07, 2017 | 49 Views

Figo, A Very Smooth Vehicle

I have taken a test drive of ford Figo and I feel it's a very good hatchback in this segment and very smooth... ...Read More

• P
    Pillai Ajit
    On: Jul 04, 2016 | 72 Views

My Car

I love my car very much I think it's the second biggest thing after being born for me was purchasing the car... ...Read More

• S
    Shashi
    On: Nov 14, 2016 | 38 Views

Ford Figo daly life car

Ford Figo is a daily life car because its size is small so very good for Bangalore's traffic, excellent fetc... ...Read More

• a
    abbas ali
    On: Nov 16, 2016 | 48 Views

My Silver Beast

This is my second car, I had learnt driving on a pre-owned Hyundai Getz which was a gem indeed. Had driven the G... ...Read More

Ford Figo Further Research