A powerful beast

By for Ford Figo 2016-11-16 17:31:29.0
  • Appearance

I have been driving this car for more than 3 years. What amazes me most is the acceleration of which I had even driven it for 140 kmph on Meerut highways and still in the cabin you won't feel the speed.

The diesel engine is quite powerful at 1398 cc however not very sure about the petrol engine but as far as I had studied about this car, I found that it's always better to go for diesel version if you are looking to buy a ford car.

Overall it's a good car, though quite heavy on the pocket in terms of service and cost of spare parts.

This is my first car and I am quite happy.

Below are some major pros and cons

Pros:

1. Acceleration is quite good.

2. Boot space is quite sufficient if you are going for a long trip.

3. Quiet comfortable and spacious but the floor is quite low so when sitting in the car it feels you are sitting on the ground especially if you are 6 ft long but once you are seated then there is no issue.

4. Handling and power steering is quite good and even if you drove above the speed of 140 kmph on highways like Meerut highway, you won't feel the speed and will enjoy the drive.

5. It's quite firm on road and has a good grip and won't skid.

6. Mileage (Diesel model gives me 22 kmpl).

7. Powerful engine (Diesel engine is 1398 cc, the only one in its segment).

8. In the price range of hatchback its quite comparable to the premium variants of its competitors like i20, jazz, and Baleno

Cons:

1. Seats are very low, thus making it uncomfortable if you are a long person and going to market for shopping as sitting in the driving seat again and again can cause you a backache.

2. Spare parts and service is quiet high on your pocket.

3. After driving for more than 1 lakh kmpl, this car is left to be driven across the city only and I won't take the risk of long driving.

4. Sometimes whenever you have to apply brake due to some hindrance, the engine gets switched off and you have to reignite it. This is especially whenever the car is in 3rd gear or upper.

5. Ground clearance is very low and in Indian road conditions, this will always make your car touch the road. Even when it is full and you are climbing a ramp from basement parking.

6. Its air conditioner pipes and coils are on the bottom and with low ground clearance, they are very much prone to being damaged. I am already facing this issue in my car. Similarly, the gear box is also very low and is again prone to being damage. Thus you have to be very careful while driving on Indian roads especially on the night.

Overall a good car and as far as the review for the new model I already found it quite interesting and would definitely give a thumbs up for this car.

• Don't miss out on the festive offers this April