Huge Safety Flaw in all FORD CARS - Worst Car,

• Appearance

Pros : Good Pick up

Cons : All Ford Cars - Huge Safety Flaw, Bad Mileage 5 to 6

FORD INDIA - This could happen to FORD cars around the world - Be very careful before you buy a FORD !! HUGE SAFETY FLAW - DO NOT BUY ANY FORD CARS - EXCEPT THE OLD IKON - I owner of a Ford Figo since Aug 2011 (but this fault exsist in all the Ford Cars - including endevour / fiesta / classic except the old IKON), I have complaint about many things in the past none of the issues were ever solved.. I even did not want to visit ford service center, but ford chennai made me visit the workshop, ever since I have been to work shop like 40 times, and none of the problems were solved. NOW I have found a major FAULT in the safety of the CAR, and I reported this 6 months back but no action was taken, the issue is the design of the drive and passenger front seat railing system which wont lock all the time - 1 out of 20 times the lock will slip... no matter what you do, they told me to read the manual how to lock the car seat which is silly I am driving cars for past 20 years, and i dont need to learn how to lock. even if i followed the instructions it wud not happen. and when the seat slips right back and you are in motion you are bound to have a major accident, as your legs wont reach the brake.. or you might slip all the front and push the accelerator too much to crash in high speed ahead of you. This is inevitable as I just got a BRAND new SEAT replaced today and this seat wont lock at all - it needs to be jerked - ahead and back for 10 seconds - then it locks from the left 1st and right later. and I cant ask FORD any more.. I have a video which proves that the jerks might just not work sometimes and that some time could be a killer time for you and your family. FORD India cant do anything since this is the design at fault. Ford India even called me and just confirmed with me that if my car had AirBags, this means they know the problem exist and could lead to major accidents. - Next time a person dies in FORD dont blame the drive - blame the company for faulty slipping seat. BAD Mileage: Joint Average test revealed - 8km/lt, which has not dropped to 6.1/km with A/c in normal condition - non traffic hour driving. They took an average test on their own in Jan and told me 13 km/lt which i dont believe ! So i guess they dont believe in their own staff who conducted the 1st joint average test of 55km around 2pm which is totally zero traffic time. I was promised in the SALES pitch 14 to 16 kmpl in city with A/c.

Comments Ford Figo 2012-2015
  • satyanarayana modem |25 Oct,2012 11:09:50 AM

Astonishing, First time i am reading this type of complaint. My car is just 2 weeks old and not odo shows 430 kms. I have not experience any such problem. We(our staff) have taken 7 cars at at atime and none experienced this. We have to wait and see.

• dhananjay |02 Nov,2012 07:49:57 AM

i m planning to buy ford car ...after seeing this review i got stuck.....any advice appreciated

Simanta |03 Nov,2012 12:33:23 AM

I have been using a ford figo and I drive quite fast on highways (about 120+ in free patches). I haven't come across any such slipping seat problem. I asked all the customers I met during the servicing, and none reported it. I think Mr. Raj has got a defective piece.

Varun |25 Nov,2012 12:58:49 PM

I also havnt heard of dis prblm. U'r car mst hav dat prblm. Ford figo is a vry gud car. N da music systm is brilliant in comparison to other cars. I reccomend the ford figo.

Mahendra Vidyarthi |06 Mar,2013 05:59:32 AM

aakarsh |17 Jan,2013 12:59:50 AM

go for figo without any doubt......... i think he didnt know how to drive a car.... :P

• Baibhav |25 Nov,2012 01:02:05 PM

Bullshit! Dnt lstn 2 hm guys. Ford cars r gr8. Only his car has dat freakin prblm. Its interior n exterior is awesome! N mileage is also gud.

• satheesh |27 Nov,2012 05:35:15 PM

Guys, I faced similar issue with new ford Figo. I got new figo delivered on 18th,reported rattling driver side seat. I went to my dealer and raised the concern. And today I got seat railing system replaced from the ford and looks fine. Overall experience from the dealer was good.

• Sandeep |07 Dec,2012 02:01:55 PM

Recently got my figo delivered on 26th. Till now there are no complaints other than shifting gears ..those are not smooth, needs some effort...

• chandrasekaran.k |22 Dec,2012 11:06:24 PM

i have purchased 2011sep figo titanium car now suddenly brake applying time brake pedal also more vibration.last week i am go to my service provider inform to my problem 3days back they are inform your car service ok. i am go to test drive the same problem not corrected i am ask but mechanic told all ABS vehicle only this condition this is not a problem.i am not satisfy and told give me your demo ABS car i am check it manager reply our car not avaiable so come next situation not go to service center. TRICHY ROCK CITY FORD-SUSEE AGENCY

• Rohan |23 Dec,2012 06:51:53 PM

Brought a new Figo diesel titanium on 10/11/12. have no issues on seat problem. driven 2400 kms and performance is also ok. . had a good buying experience at cauvery ford, mangalore.

• prince |27 Dec,2012 06:54:07 PM

Quite good car with good features at an affodable price overall its worth for price and the front seat problem i dont think its a common problem at all may be few pieces, but we cannot come to a conclusion as owns the best saftey measures...after all its years of reasearch before the real machine is introduced to the such silly mistakes cannot happen....

• aakarsh |17 Jan,2013 12:57:50 AM

guyz dont listem to him ford cars are great i own classic his car had not got any problem i.think he himself is a great problem... :P slipping from seat (r u serious) :P... i prefer buying ford vehicles as they provide safety features and good built quality with great performance.......... so go fidaa.... ;)

Mahendra Vidyarthi |06 Mar,2013 06:02:54 AM

Thanks for Review! Looking forward to have First Ford Car..... Figo Celebration..... Suggestions please welcome.

• Rajednran |16 Feb,2013 06:20:10 PM

ford figo diesel titanium or Hyundai i 20 sportz diesel which is best to buy ?

Nainakumar |20 Feb,2013 03:00:31 PM

after reading this , i hav only one comment.. the author didn't know the ABCD of car mechanism and a poor driver....

• sajit |10 Sep,2013 09:41:58 PM

This guy must be drinking all the time he gets into a car. I hav driven Figo for more than 5000Kms and have no issues. How can you say that the worlds 3rd largest auto company and the first CAR MANUFACTURER in the world doesn't know how to fix a seat? Ha ha ha..I can only laugh over this.

• sajit |10 Sep,2013 09:45:44 PM

Figo gives a steady mileage of 20 Kms with ac for me for the past 5000kms. Probably this guy is d...k and does not use clutch and gear properly.

• ansan |16 May,2014 07:32:49 PM

please do not write down such foolish reviews

Ford Figo 2012-2015 review scorecard